Accu-sim 182 Skylane 18-Minute First Look (VIDEO)

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Re: Accu-sim 182 Skylane 18-Minute First Look (VIDEO)

Post by Caldemeyn »

Don't get me wrong, i think it will be a stupendous model, but i think that with this direction you check-mated your 172 for most of the future customers, most people will go with a faster and more powerful plane, leaving the 172 in the abyss and possibly cutting much of the future "to come" goodies out of the equation for it. The 172 will not bring you money, if people will not buy it and i can imagine how much work you put into it.

I hope that all these new features will be fitted into the 172, like the moving controls with autopilot and that it will not be forgotten in the future.

twharrell
Airman First Class

Post by twharrell »

Sorry, gentlemen. I see there will be options for the GTN integration. My apologies. Will there be an HSI option?

Cheers,

Todd

Kilstorm
Technical Sergeant

Post by Kilstorm »

Caldemeyn wrote:Don't get me wrong, i think it will be a stupendous model, but i think that with this direction you check-mated your 172 for most of the future customers, most people will go with a faster and more powerful plane, leaving the 172 in the abyss and possibly cutting much of the future "to come" goodies out of the equation for it. The 172 will not bring you money, if people will not buy it and i can imagine how much work you put into it.
Yes and no. Its been out long enough to have scooped up most of its sales but its still a trainer and many flight schools and hardware developers cater to that plane. Sad thing for me is that just a few days ago, I brought the P3D version of the C172 as I wanted to keep it up to date and I no longer fly FSX. No regrets, my money goes to a company that develops great products and I like knowing that I support that.
i9-13900K O/C | ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | 32GB DDR5 6000MHz Kingston FURY | RTX 4090 24GB | 2x SSD M.2 (2TB Samsung 990 PRO) 1x SSD (4TB Samsung 870 EVO) | Windows 11 Home | H20: HydroLux PRO:HardLine Tubing| 1000w PSU

CrownCityMisfit
Senior Airman

Post by CrownCityMisfit »

Congrats A2A on another fantastic product. This may finally inspire my jump to P3D so I only have to buy it once!

To echo some suggestions here - I'd love to see a bush or float version of this plane as well. The versatile Cub is STILL one of my favorite A2A aircraft, but it's just so darned slow! Looking forward to any expansions if you choose to make them. I would be happy to pay for them.

Scott, I really appreciate all of the work you put in to the videos, especially the in-depth tutorials. You have a knack for explaining things very clearly. I know this sounds odd, but I find your voice and delivery compelling, yet soothing at the same time. Can I hire you to record bed time stories for my 9 month old?

:lol:
Last edited by CrownCityMisfit on 05 Nov 2014, 14:08, edited 1 time in total.
10900k | 3090 | Win10 | C4D | Adobe Suite | Cinema 4D | Unity
MSFS |The Skypark | Orbx | Milviz | PMDG | anxiously waiting for A2A
Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | CH Pro Pedals |Stream Deck XL

Tyrion
Airman First Class

Post by Tyrion »

Very nice announcement. Looking forward to hearing more about it.

And I realize the chances are slim, but I'm still hoping for a glass cockpit Accusim aircraft one day. The 182 would do nicely here... :wink:
(And of course I couldn't help but notice you were flying a glass cockpit one in the video... :D )
Best regards,
Lars Domen

Michal - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Michal - A2A »

twharrell wrote:Will there be an HSI option?
Yes, it's there. :) You can swap it in or out, on the fly in the sim.

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

"See how smoothly that card leaves your wallet? That's our patented SirenSong (tm) technology, built into every A2A purchase. Once you purchase an Accu-Sim aircraft, the song gently pulls you in, the 3d sound pulling you into the wallet, helping you to subliminally understand you should give us the money in exchange for aviation sim bliss..."
Nice one Steve, you nailed it! :D
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Post by Caldemeyn »

Kilstorm wrote:
Caldemeyn wrote:Don't get me wrong, i think it will be a stupendous model, but i think that with this direction you check-mated your 172 for most of the future customers, most people will go with a faster and more powerful plane, leaving the 172 in the abyss and possibly cutting much of the future "to come" goodies out of the equation for it. The 172 will not bring you money, if people will not buy it and i can imagine how much work you put into it.
Yes and no. Its been out long enough to have scooped up most of its sales but its still a trainer and many flight schools and hardware developers cater to that plane. Sad thing for me is that just a few days ago, I brought the P3D version of the C172 as I wanted to keep it up to date and I no longer fly FSX. No regrets, my money goes to a company that develops great products and I like knowing that I support that.
Still, i would choose planes that would not that easily overshadow earlier ones, so each would stay marketable in its own niche, but maybe it is a strategy of A2A to gradually move us to more complex aircraft. 8)

Dooga
Staff Sergeant

Post by Dooga »

twharrell wrote:Since this is a C182T, not a basic trainer, or even just a basic C182, I really wish you guys would offer advanced avionics options, like an HSI, Flight 1 GTN integration, or even a G1000 (partner with Mindstar?). I love the idea of a Turbo Skylane, but the basic avionics is a turnoff for me. The turbo Skylane is a legit business/travel aircraft for the budget-minded pilot and many are outfitted with advanced avionics these days. The basic avionics package is a turn-off for me. Sorry, just my opinion. I'd like to see you guys raise the bar with each general aviation release.

Cheers,

Todd
Where does it say anything about a turbo? Its a C182, not a T182 - or did I miss something?

Would actually be highly welcome if it was a turbo version, add a bit more complexity than just the CS prop and cowl flaps. Or even the magic letters TR182... But hey, an A2A aircraft is an A2A aircraft, so keep em coming!
Last edited by Dooga on 05 Nov 2014, 15:29, edited 1 time in total.

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

It doesn't :D say anything about turbo but the vid does state the model is a 182 T.

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

Wow, this Cessna fan is happy, up to a point. Love the new features and all, it's why I continue to purchase your products. I do wonder why all the latest trainers plus the upcoming T-6, is this for P3D and it's training side? How about some float and tundra tires for this sweetie? I do not mind learning a new aircraft and all but let's not forget the users that like to get off the beaten path in the sandbox. :lol:
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

Ian Warren
Senior Master Sergeant
Location: EX- Christchurch now called "Wobblyville" New Zealand

Post by Ian Warren »

I was never much of a GA pc owner, since the early Cessna and the recent Piper, seems I'm going GA mad 8)

Chunk
Technical Sergeant

Post by Chunk »

This looks great, but will be another non-buy for me. I have the 172, but it's boring. Don't get me wrong, it's an extremely in-depth simulation, but it's just a Cessna. I want to fly high-performance warbirds, and y'all used to be really good at making those. Are you ever going back?

Mr.RockoutLoud
Airman

Post by Mr.RockoutLoud »

Looking fantastic as usual guys! Can't wait to try her out! :D
Lead reviewer at http://www.FlightSimGlobal.com
Video producer at http://fselite.net

PC: CPU: i7-7700K 4.9ghz, Graphics card: GTX 1080 8gb, RAM: 16gb 2366mhz, Mobo: Z270-A, Cooler: Noctua NH-D14, PSU: 700w
-Tom Jones

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

taildraggin68 wrote:It doesn't :D say anything about turbo but the vid does state the model is a 182 T.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”