Finished Paints and Paintkit

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
scottb613
Technical Sergeant

Post by scottb613 »

Hi Dolf,

Thanks - I'll look for them - I've noticed your most excellent screenshots in the past !

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Finished Paints and Paintkit

Post by taildraggin68 »

A retro panel for the 182 available here https://knuckleheadaviation.com/downloads/

ebo
Master Sergeant

Post by ebo »

Stunning work. Looks really great!
Regards
Eberhard Haberkorn

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

White retro panel with blue interior Available Here: https://knuckleheadaviation.com/downloads/

scottb613
Technical Sergeant

Post by scottb613 »

Hi Scott,

Looks fantastic - sir - thanks so much !

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ebo
Master Sergeant

Post by ebo »

Another request completed.

I will upload it to Avsim too. This is a temporary link.

Download link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3vh88w7lxtem7 ... s.zip?dl=0
Regards
Eberhard Haberkorn

rightseat
Airman First Class

Post by rightseat »

[quote="taildraggin68"]White retro panel with blue interior Available Here: https://knuckleheadaviation.com/downloads/

I'm really looking forward to the "true grey" panel you previewed earlier. Any chance you're still working on it? Honestly, not having the true grey panel slightly detracts from the experience.

I've been to your website, and you have some awesome paints. The OSU paint is really cool. I've flown a few of OSU's 172s. I live in Tulsa and fly out of Gundy's.

Best,

Scott
Best,

Scott N758VS

Image Image

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCADafr ... xfS9NhwThw

Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Post by Gabe777 »

taildraggin68 wrote:A retro panel for the 182 available here https://knuckleheadaviation.com/downloads/

Hi there.

I like the cockpit repaints, but how do I install 1 cockpit into say just 1 livery ?

Thnx
i7 7700k (4.5 GHz) / GTX 1080 8GB - Gigabyte Windforce OC 3X / 32GB DDR4 2400 Hz (CL15) / Samsung EVO 970 plus M.2 nvme (1TB) / BeQuiet 650W PSU 50amps 12v rail -- (with P3Dv4, AS + ASCA / REX Texture Direct)

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

Hi Gebe.
Just copy the files from the texture folder to the texture folder of the repaint you want to use the panel with.

If you want to use it with all the aircraft then copy it to the main texture folder.

Cheers Chris

Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Post by Gabe777 »

Awesome.

I would like to order a " blue interior with a white dash", in the blue G- PTRI livery, with the tail number changed to " G-ABE " .... please .... with a serving of fries and salad !

Thanks Santa Knuckles !
i7 7700k (4.5 GHz) / GTX 1080 8GB - Gigabyte Windforce OC 3X / 32GB DDR4 2400 Hz (CL15) / Samsung EVO 970 plus M.2 nvme (1TB) / BeQuiet 650W PSU 50amps 12v rail -- (with P3Dv4, AS + ASCA / REX Texture Direct)

Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Post by Gabe777 »

scottb613 wrote:Thanks Monica - hope you enjoy them - I've been bopping around the mountain strips in Northern California with them - sans pants...

Thanks Lewis - you guys really do have one of the best paint kits I've seen !!!

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hey Scott, where do I start with the paint kits ? What software do I need ?

I'd like a Sheffield United FC livery, with "Made in Sheffield" on it, and Tail number G-ABE..... !

Whrre do I start ? And no jokes about seeing a shrink !

scottb613
Technical Sergeant

Post by scottb613 »

Gabe777 wrote: Hey Scott, where do I start with the paint kits ? What software do I need ?
Hi Gabe,

Well - if you’ve never used a paint program - you may be in for a bit of a learning curve... There is much to learn but A2A makes it a tad easier - as their paint kits are nicely structured and everything is layered...

The easiest way - is just download Photoshop and the A2A paint kit and take a look around... Photoshop is subscription based - so you can see if you like it without spending $50.00... In addition - you’ll find the most tutorials on YouTube and such for this program... Start with a basic tutorial on PS and work your way up from there... Most people will try and help you along the way with specific questions... Very few will do it for you...

Personally - I use Corel Paint Shop Pro - as I’ve used it and its predecessors for more than 15 years - it has an interface I prefer and I’m very comfortable with it knowing it like an old friend... In addition - I don’t want to pay a subscription and would rather pay the one time $30-$50 and be done with it... I’ve also converted the A2A paint kit to PSP if anyone needs it...

There is a free Nvidia plugin that reads and writes DDS files that will save you from having to use a third party application to convert files - will save a huge amount of time on each paint... It works in both PS and PSP... If you start this and need help finding a link - just ping me...

Best of luck - painting and sharing your own aircraft skins can be pretty rewarding - it can also be a great deal of work...

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Post by Gabe777 »

Hi Scott,

So is it a case of just changing the colour of existing livery components, and changing letters, for a simple adjustment, or is it more complex ?

And, presumably the Corel program can import PSD files ?

I have done lots of scenery design, so I know my bitmaps, mipmaps and dds files, so I may well give this a try.

scottb613
Technical Sergeant

Post by scottb613 »

Gabe777 wrote:Hi Scott
Hi Gabe,

Yeah - PSP can read and write Photoshop files - but it had issues when importing - I copied over layer by layer and had to manually change layer types... I believe A2A included the default paints (haven't looked in a while) as layers so you could see how they did it... Yeah - just a renumber or minor mods to existing paints shouldn't be too bad... If you know about layer types such as "Multiply", "Hard Light", and "Burn" - stuff like that - it shouldn't be anything new...

Shout out to Scott and those wonderful interior VC paints of his - his blue works perfectly with my blue paint - really enjoy them - thanks...

Regards,
Scott

Reading902
Airman Basic

Post by Reading902 »

Millennium Edition N393ME at flightsim. File name: A2A_182_N393ME.zip

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”