Two new liveries: D-ERTO & N6218B!

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
Passman
Airman Basic

Re: Two new liveries: D-ERTO & N6218B!

Post by Passman »

Hey Tim, thanks very much. I can't believe you were so quick! Will install tomorrow and fly with pride.

Cheers

Peter

Arclight
Senior Airman

Post by Arclight »

Hi Tim!

Quick question, I'm trying to use the vc_gray interior texture set with D-ERTO. I've edited the cfg file within the D-ERTO folder to ask it to use those interior colours, however going into the sim, it still uses the default beige. Any ideas?

For that matter, advice from anybody else who might know is more than welcome. I've got the new interior texture working with other repaints, but this one and a few others are proving troublesome.

Cheers!

Edit: Looking at the dds files in PS CS5, is it just a simple matter of removing the c182_c1_t, c182_c6_t and c182_c8_t files from the folder? Perhaps the bmp file as well? Does that bmp file need to be replaced by any others in order for the vc_gray file to work?

Sorry for the influx of questions and any confusion caused. Aircraft repaints are not my strongest knowledge points :lol:
Alec

ImageImageImageImageImage

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

Arclight wrote:Hi Tim!

Quick question, I'm trying to use the vc_gray interior texture set with D-ERTO. I've edited the cfg file within the D-ERTO folder to ask it to use those interior colours, however going into the sim, it still uses the default beige. Any ideas?

For that matter, advice from anybody else who might know is more than welcome. I've got the new interior texture working with other repaints, but this one and a few others are proving troublesome.

Cheers!

Edit: Looking at the dds files in PS CS5, is it just a simple matter of removing the c182_c1_t, c182_c6_t and c182_c8_t files from the folder? Perhaps the bmp file as well? Does that bmp file need to be replaced by any others in order for the vc_gray file to work?

Sorry for the influx of questions and any confusion caused. Aircraft repaints are not my strongest knowledge points :lol:
Does D-ERTO have interior sheets in it's folder? If so move them to a safe place and save them, leave only the files you find in a default paint, and it should then pick up the fallback grey textures. (Or you could just copy the grey vc textures to the paint you want. Hope that helps :D

Arclight
Senior Airman

Post by Arclight »

Yep that did the trick!

Thanks for the advice! 8)
Alec

ImageImageImageImageImage

EnDSchultz
Technical Sergeant

Post by EnDSchultz »

Just wanted to say I'm in love with N6218B. I've never seen Cessna look so good.

I'm curious about one thing, though. In Prepar3d, at certain angles the blue produces a green reflection, making for a sort of iridescent effect. I don't see this in the screenshots or in images of the real aircraft. Is this intentional or is it just a quirk of the way P3D's lighting system reads the reflection maps?

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Post by Molly - A2A »

It's intentional, and it's not unique to P3D. It's a pearlescent effect, which usually means a tinted clearcoat is applied (talking about the real deal here) so that it appears to change color slightly under certain light. It is replicated quite nicely with Tim's paints :)

EnDSchultz
Technical Sergeant

Post by EnDSchultz »

molleh wrote:It's intentional, and it's not unique to P3D. It's a pearlescent effect, which usually means a tinted clearcoat is applied (talking about the real deal here) so that it appears to change color slightly under certain light. It is replicated quite nicely with Tim's paints :)
Okay, sweet. I was just wondering because it doesn't seem to be present on the real aircraft:

https://youtu.be/rg1P-fMeN8s (A bit too raunchy for these forums? *drool* :P )

I guess Tim just wanted to give the plane even more pizzazz, then, and that's fine with me!

mefyu
Airman Basic

Post by mefyu »

Hi,
Excellent work!!! I would appreciate if You could do a regstration SP-TYM in blue color.
Thanks

Tim-HH
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tim-HH »

EnDSchultz wrote:
molleh wrote:It's intentional, and it's not unique to P3D. It's a pearlescent effect, which usually means a tinted clearcoat is applied (talking about the real deal here) so that it appears to change color slightly under certain light. It is replicated quite nicely with Tim's paints :)
Okay, sweet. I was just wondering because it doesn't seem to be present on the real aircraft:

I guess Tim just wanted to give the plane even more pizzazz, then, and that's fine with me!
No, these green reflections are not intended. It should look like this:

A light blue reflection which gives the paint a little bit of a metallic effect. Something that you can also spot on the real N6218B. It works very well in FSX and I have no clue where P3D gets the green color from. Unfortunately I do not have P3D so I can't check it myself.

But I have changed the colors of the spec map a bit and if you are interested you could do me a favour and test it: A2A_C182_N6218B_P3D.zip :) If that doesn't look better I'll remove the color from the spec map.
mefyu wrote:Hi,
Excellent work!!! I would appreciate if You could do a regstration SP-TYM in blue color.
Thanks
Yep, will do that later today :)

Greetings
Tim
Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

mefyu
Airman Basic

Post by mefyu »

Tim-HH wrote:
EnDSchultz wrote:

No, these green reflections are not intended. It should look like this:

A light blue reflection which gives the paint a little bit of a metallic effect. Something that you can also spot on the real N6218B. It works very well in FSX and I have no clue where P3D gets the green color from. Unfortunately I do not have P3D so I can't check it myself.

But I have changed the colors of the spec map a bit and if you are interested you could do me a favour and test it: A2A_C182_N6218B_P3D.zip :) If that doesn't look better I'll remove the color from the spec map.
mefyu wrote:Hi,
Thanks
Yep, will do that later today :)

Greetings
Tim
Thanks, can't wait to take it for a ride :D

Tim-HH
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tim-HH »

mefyu wrote:Thanks, can't wait to take it for a ride :D
You can download it from HERE :)

Greetings
Tim
Greetings
Tim

mefyu
Airman Basic

Post by mefyu »

Tim-HH wrote:
mefyu wrote:Thanks, can't wait to take it for a ride :D
You can download it from HERE :)

Greetings
Tim

Great!!! Thank You so much!!

EnDSchultz
Technical Sergeant

Post by EnDSchultz »

Interesting. Thanks for the effort, Tim, but the change you made has had minimal if any effect. Here's the original version:

And here's with your tweaked spec map:

Apologies for the sloppy camera angles, but basically the only difference if any is that the new version is slightly less pronounced, yet the color is still wrong. Freaking P3D...nothing but trouble! Maybe make the specular map green and it will turn out blue?? :lol:

Anyway, I don't want the FSX folks to miss out on the stunning metallic effect just because it doesn't turn out properly in P3D. So please don't remove it from the aircraft just on my account. I would be happy to test out other specular maps if you feel like experimenting with it further, though.

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

I think it is the HDR lighting that is the difference in P3D and on some of my paints, I put them into P3D to test and if they look good in P3D, they usually look great in FSX.....but there is a difference between the two platforms, both interior and exterior. I have found that sometimes a white/light gray on the spec with the lighter shade of base color (in this case blue) on the alpha gives a nice luster to the base color. Just my experiments thus far with underlying color effects :D

Tim-HH
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tim-HH »

EnDSchultz wrote:Interesting. Thanks for the effort, Tim, but the change you made has had minimal if any effect.
Thanks a lot for testing! This file will remove the green refelctions: A2A_C182_Spec_P3D.zip :)
taildraggin68 wrote:I think it is the HDR lighting that is the difference in P3D and on some of my paints, I put them into P3D to test and if they look good in P3D, they usually look great in FSX.....but there is a difference between the two platforms, both interior and exterior. I have found that sometimes a white/light gray on the spec with the lighter shade of base color (in this case blue) on the alpha gives a nice luster to the base color. Just my experiments thus far with underlying color effects :D
That's interesting to know. Thanks for the info :)

Greetings
Tim
Greetings
Tim

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”