Looking for a Sim IFR Trainer

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
new reply
LZScout
Airman

Looking for a Sim IFR Trainer

Post by LZScout »

I have a fairly serious flight sim setup. I have one large main monitor with the outside (over the cowling) view, and and instrument panel containing two monitors (with windows of the pilots instruments and radio stacks/MDM). Additionally, I also have Saitek Pro Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Trim Wheel, Switch Panel, Multi Panel, Radio Panel, and BIP Panel.

I have several payware aircraft including the A2A C172 and A2A Bonanza V35B. After several years in this hobby, I find myself too dependent on the Autopilot. I have my real world Private Pilot Certificate but never did much beyond my initial training. Whether I ever climb back into a real airplane is debatable, but I would like to learn how to hand fly aircraft in P3D v4.5 accurately enough to equal the standards of the Instrument Rating. I like the A2A C172 because it’s slow and less complicated than the Bonanza but it’s also very twitchy. I get it trimmed, the heading drifts, climbs and descends, etc. My real world experience is that this isn’t normal. I’m wondering whether it’s the C172 or it’s my Saitek Yoke? I also wonder whether any of you consider the A2A C182 a more stable platform for IFR training? Any suggestions anyone has would be helpful.

Lantz

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”