P3D v5 nose cone color

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
new reply
David Reines
Airman

P3D v5 nose cone color

Post by David Reines »

Hello wonderful A2A people! Im getting into P3Dv5 and have installed the skylane. I noticed the nose cone, or prop spinner, what ever its called, has a greyish color. Is that normal? Or could it be something with the settings? Btw I have all your products for fsx and you have ruined 90 percent of other addon aircraft for me. ( a good thing)! Please keep up the amazing work!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: P3D v5 nose cone color

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello David, welcome to the A2A community and thanks for the kind words!

The prop spinner on the 182 is chrome, so it'll tend to reflect either the aircraft's surroundings such as the sky (if dynamic reflections are enabled) or the P3D's static environment map (if they aren't). However, its appearance will depend on various other settings in P3D too.

Third-party software such as shader mods may also affect its appearance. If you have suspicions that the spinner isn't showing correctly on your system, it might be worth attaching a screenshot or two.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

David Reines
Airman

Post by David Reines »

I will look into this refection business. Thank you so much for the reply Nick! As soon as time permits, work has nasty habit of secretly knowing you have downloaded a new sim. Lol. I do also realize there is alot of beta stuff being introduced. So ill try to provide screen shot if necessary. Hope all is well.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome David, and yes, P3Dv5 is still in a state of development—especially with respect to the enhanced atmospherics—so it's likely that the appearance of various aspects of the sim will change a bit as it evolves.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”