Problem with the new rain feature

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
EC-EIP
Airman Basic

Problem with the new rain feature

Post by EC-EIP »

Hello,
today I updated my Cessna 182 and Ihave some problems on my configuration with three displays. No problems when the simulator runs only one window. I have two graphics cards (two gigabyte 970 G1) and when I started a weather scenery with rain I can see this error: "This device stopped working for the folowing reason: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED"
I could fix this with a litttle tutorial and regedit but after the rain drops display like rectangles and the simulator freeze and close.
I don't know if some of you have the same problem but for me now it's "difficult" :( fly without mine three monitors in your fantastic A2A planes, perhaps the new winshields efects for me are not so important but now the software it's updated and I don't know how disconect this feature and fly in the rain like before. I try with the option in the P3D menu about lighting but this don't have efect in the a2a 182 simulation.
Perhaps the solution it's a new option in the a2a menus for disconect the windshield efects.
Any idea will be welcome and thanks for your attention.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Problem with the new rain feature

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

the effects should not any issue like this so it could be co-incidence. Is your dx all up to date and what are you using for the three monitors. For example for me I just plug mine into my GPU and it works as I am on win10 and a modern card. Are you using any extra steps like any software for display?

Is your Direct X all updated, in particular v9?

Are your GPU's drivers all updated?

thanks
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

EC-EIP
Airman Basic

Post by EC-EIP »

Hello,
today I could isolate the problem, I have the central monitor plug in the first graphic card and the second and third monitors in the second graphics card (I don´t use sli), my drivers are updated. I use the view Group Management to asigns the views of my monitors. When I plug all the monitors in the same graphics card I don´t have problem with the new windshield rain effect, the problem is when I plug the monitors in the two cards. I can use the two cards separate but not togheter. The problem is I can´t use the extra render(FPS) if I conect all the monitors in the same card, sli don´t help for me.
The cuestion is why the effect runs with the original planes of Prepar3D (for example the Mooney Bravo) in my configuration and why the A2A 182 hungs the simulator when start to rain.
Thanks in advance for your ideas

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Thanks for the confirmation of your issue. I'll pass this along to our rain programmer to check and see if there is anything we can do.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by some1 - A2A »

You can disable the effect by removing (or renaming) the A2A_Windshield.dll located in the A2A/Gauges directory.

This is a custom effect that has nothing to do with the rain in default P3D aircraft, to display the rain we are using the new P3D SDK features. Unfortunately there is nothing in the SDK documentation about multi-gpu support, so it's hard to tell at this moment if it's something we could fix on our end or some P3D problem.
Michael Krawczyk

EC-EIP
Airman Basic

Post by EC-EIP »

Thanks a lot for your answer, for the moment I will disconect the rain windshield effect and enjoy this fantastic planes without it.

shermank
Airman

Post by shermank »

I installed the update yesterday and am getting perfect results. I really like how the drops roll up the winds screen and away as the aircraft begins its taxi....This is a terrific add on effect. Thanks

Sherm

rlaycock
Airman First Class

Post by rlaycock »

Hi all
For what it is worth and as it may help someone in the future I have found a problem with this rain feature in P3D V5.3
A few weeks ago I upgraded my flight sim PC. The upgrade including a NVIDIA 4090 card.
After installing P3D V5.3, I was getting the DXGI NVIDIA error.
I isolated the error to A2A aircraft and only when it was raining.
Google found this thread for me so I followed the instructions above to disable the rain feature and so far no more DXGI errors with a few flights in the A2A aircraft and in the rain.

I hope this may help someone in the future.
Best wishes
Bob

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”