FSUIPC & MACROS

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Cat3508
Airman First Class

FSUIPC & MACROS

Post by Cat3508 »

Have just built a mini panel for the 182, and am trying to get the annunciator switch to work, with not much success. I have FSUIPC4, and am trying to set up a macro for the switch, but it refuses to operate. Also tried the GPS/NAV mode switch with the same negative result. I have used macros before, on previous aircraft, so is there a problem with relation to A2A models.

Cheers,

Neil
CPU Intel i77740X FROST FLOW 240L Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299E GAMING, GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G SKILL 32GB RipJaws Blue.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: FSUIPC & MACROS

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Neil,

In order to get around many FS limitation we have written and use our own simulation engine called Accu-sim. So you will want to see here for the custom control listings;
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 21&t=43335

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Cat3508
Airman First Class

Post by Cat3508 »

Hi Lewis,

Thanks for the reply. I'm afraid LVars are a bit beyond me at the moment. Been trying to read the manual and still not getting it. Maybe some one can give me a hand at some stage.
Cheers,

Neil
CPU Intel i77740X FROST FLOW 240L Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299E GAMING, GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G SKILL 32GB RipJaws Blue.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Neil,

you can work them with FSUIPC, community member Gypsy Baron is the resident expert in getting this all working with FSUIPC ill fire him a PM letting him know about your issue.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

parachutesj
Airman

Post by parachutesj »

Hey Neil,
actually it is not that complex. You wrote that you had experience with macros - I assume you have the payed version of FSUIPC.
In order to use the LVARS which are mostly within the document Lewis posted, you need to create a macro file within the modules folder of FSX

I called the file C182_HB-CSN.mcro since it has the 182 comands and the call sign of mine is HB-CSN.
just create a text file and build it like this

[MACROS]
1=L:FSelC182State=SET
2=L:Eng1_CowlFlapsLever=SET
3=L:RadioLightKnob=SET
4=L:PanelLightKnob=SET
5=L:PedestalLightKnob=SET
6=L:GlareshieldLightKnob=SET
7=L:WindowDefrosterControlKnob=SET
8=L:AnnunciatorPanelTestSwitch=SET
9=L:FloodLight1Switch=TOG
10=L:FloodLight2Switch=TOG
11=L:StaticAir=SET
12=L:GpsNavSelector=SET

so it starts with [MACROS] and is sequentially numbered. Depending on the comand there are options (seen in the document mentioned earlier, also the FSUIPC docu is really well written).

So comands 8 & 12 are relevant for you. You could leave out all the other stuff and number them 1 & 2, or whatever, just no duplicates are allowed.

After the file has been saved, go to your FSX and open a flight with the desired airplane.

Within FSUIPC go to Buttons & Switches, [IMPORTANT] click to "Reload all buttons" and flick/click whatever you want to assign to and then find within the comand list on the right the values/entries from the macro. The last thing is to assign on the various button presses the right comands. I have a spring loaded two way swith for the Annunciator (best I could get) and when holding to TEST, it is in test mode, when going into NIGHT position, it is staying there. When I want to go back, have to go to TEST and release.

To make it easier for you, I made screenshots but not to make it too easy, they are from the 172 configuration but very similar except the name of the macro-comand.

for holding button up:

and going into night mode:

Final result here:

see my custom build switch panel on the bottom left.

One remark to the MACROS - I still haven't figured the FloodLightSwitches - any hints welcome.
And last, the GpsNavSelector changes its state on press. meaning you set it to 1 and it switches to the other value. I don't think that it can be set directly to GPS or NAV, it cycles.

Hope this was of any help

Cheers,
SJ

PS: if anyone is interessted in the switch panel, ask me for details and I am happy to share.

Cat3508
Airman First Class

Post by Cat3508 »

Hi SJ,

Thanks for an informative and interesting reply. Its beginning to make sense at last :) Love your panels. I have a full homemade overhead for my PMDG 737NG but its only for FS9. Did you make the bottom left hand panel, and if so, did you buy the fuel tank c/o switch. Was contemplating making one, using a BB1 rotary switch. Did a rough wire up job, but it wouldn't go to the shut position. No problems with L . R and B position. Strange!!

Cheers,

Neil

parachutesj
Airman

Post by parachutesj »

Hi Neil,
Thanks.
The panel is completely custom an based on the BU036A.
Also the fuel selector. I had a hard time finding a switch with 4 positions so I tried this one
http://www.conrad.ch/ce/de/product/7093 ... t?ref=list
It is actually a 12 position switch and if it doesn't bother you that it locks on all 12 positions it is ready to go. I disassembled it and modified to only lock in the 4 desired positions (12, 3, 6 and 9 o'clock)
Programmed it with above method, lvar FSelC182State=SET where set is 0,1,2 or 3 for the various settings.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
SJ

JEHill
Airman Basic

Post by JEHill »

parachutesj wrote: 19 Jun 2015, 06:29 Hey Neil,
actually it is not that complex. You wrote that you had experience with macros - I assume you have the payed version of FSUIPC.
In order to use the LVARS which are mostly within the document Lewis posted, you need to create a macro file within the modules folder of FSX

I called the file C182_HB-CSN.mcro since it has the 182 comands and the call sign of mine is HB-CSN.
just create a text file and build it like this

[MACROS]
1=L:FSelC182State=SET
2=L:Eng1_CowlFlapsLever=SET
3=L:RadioLightKnob=SET
4=L:PanelLightKnob=SET
5=L:PedestalLightKnob=SET
6=L:GlareshieldLightKnob=SET
7=L:WindowDefrosterControlKnob=SET
8=L:AnnunciatorPanelTestSwitch=SET
9=L:FloodLight1Switch=TOG
10=L:FloodLight2Switch=TOG
11=L:StaticAir=SET
12=L:GpsNavSelector=SET

so it starts with [MACROS] and is sequentially numbered. Depending on the comand there are options (seen in the document mentioned earlier, also the FSUIPC docu is really well written).

So comands 8 & 12 are relevant for you. You could leave out all the other stuff and number them 1 & 2, or whatever, just no duplicates are allowed.

After the file has been saved, go to your FSX and open a flight with the desired airplane.

Within FSUIPC go to Buttons & Switches, [IMPORTANT] click to "Reload all buttons" and flick/click whatever you want to assign to and then find within the comand list on the right the values/entries from the macro. The last thing is to assign on the various button presses the right comands. I have a spring loaded two way swith for the Annunciator (best I could get) and when holding to TEST, it is in test mode, when going into NIGHT position, it is staying there. When I want to go back, have to go to TEST and release.

To make it easier for you, I made screenshots but not to make it too easy, they are from the 172 configuration but very similar except the name of the macro-comand.

for holding button up:

and going into night mode:

Final result here:

see my custom build switch panel on the bottom left.

One remark to the MACROS - I still haven't figured the FloodLightSwitches - any hints welcome.
And last, the GpsNavSelector changes its state on press. meaning you set it to 1 and it switches to the other value. I don't think that it can be set directly to GPS or NAV, it cycles.

Hope this was of any help

Cheers,
SJ

PS: if anyone is interessted in the switch panel, ask me for details and I am happy to share.
A2A Cessna 182 uses the (Cabin Light) and the (Logo Light) for the two interior Floodlights in the cockpit. I switch on both for setting up the plane for night flights.

Hope this helps

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”