Unable to restart the engine

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
ROYTC
Airman Basic

Unable to restart the engine

Post by ROYTC »

Hi everyone, I have just downloaded my first A2A aircraft. I am at the age of 83, just a little past my sell by date !!, and usually have the engines running, and ready for take
off.
With this aircraft, I managed to get the engine running, using Ctrl/E, but having got airborne the engine cut, and I could not restart.
I have subsequently gone through the check list, but can not turn the engine over using the start master switch, or Ctrl/E.
Are there any obvious clues to get up and running, and is it possible to have the engine running from the start, if required.
Many thanks, roytc.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Unable to restart the engine

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

You will want to run the latest updater to make sure you are fully updated.

The manual for your simulation is under your start menu > all programs > A2A Simulations.

Prior to flight you will want to perform a pre-flight walk around and check your aircraft is ready for flight also checking the payload for fuel and oil levels and also the maintenance hanger. These are described in the manual and can be accessed via the shift + 2,3,4,5,6 etc panels.

Thanks,
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

ROYTC
Airman Basic

Post by ROYTC »

Thank you for your help. I have now located the manual, and had another go at starting the engine, again without success!!
My latest problem is to get into the hangar and locate any problems there might be.
The only way that I could ensure the updates were in order was to download the latest update on the web sight dated 01\26\15.
The engine will still not turn over on both the ignition switch, and the Ctrl\E buttons.
Is it me, or could there be a fault somewhere.
I bought the 182 yesterday because the various reports were excellent, and I thought that a change from my beloved CARENADO MENTOR would be worth while.
If some one could enable me to just start the engine, I would be eternally grateful, and will hopefully get to enjoy it, ROYTC.

bliksimpie
Staff Sergeant

Post by bliksimpie »

ROYTC wrote:Thank you for your help. I have now located the manual, and had another go at starting the engine, again without success!!
My latest problem is to get into the hangar and locate any problems there might be.
The only way that I could ensure the updates were in order was to download the latest update on the web sight dated 01\26\15.
The engine will still not turn over on both the ignition switch, and the Ctrl\E buttons.
Is it me, or could there be a fault somewhere.
I bought the 182 yesterday because the various reports were excellent, and I thought that a change from my beloved CARENADO MENTOR would be worth while.
If some one could enable me to just start the engine, I would be eternally grateful, and will hopefully get to enjoy it, ROYTC.
no its not A2A. this is not the normal FSX plane. This is a proper simulation, so

1) forget how easy it is to start in FSX with FSX plane.
2) visit the maintenance hanger. Sound you have some engine problem and dead battery. Fix
3) you need a little primer to start engine (but also not too much- I use just 1-2 second most primer).

if you follow proper engine startup, she is a breeze to start. Many people struggle initially, but all get the hang of it after a few starts.

there are a couple videos on how to start her properly, if you dont want to spend long time in manual

One question. What is your default plane start up. many people struggle because they have some other plane saved as default with certain parameters like a cold and dark. Always start with default plane 172 first. make sure you can start that, then go to 182 and see if you can start. Just trying to eliminate saved setting of another airplane that can have impact.

also see
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 21&t=43320 and a few other. use search function. It is sunday and you might not get A2A support immediately although they pretty quick normally

these videos might give you some idea on engine start
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RCk_L-wQwk[/youtube][/quote]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD7ZP8Dbn7k[/youtube][/quote]
Regards
JB

ROYTC
Airman Basic

Post by ROYTC »

Many thanks for the very useful replies. I have now read most of the notes, and have straightened out the "bent propeller" from my initial flight !!.
May I ask the experts a couple of questions please. I did mention in my recent post that I did fly the Harvard during my RAF training, in what was then Southern Rhodesia.
It was a long time ago, but I do recall that it was a very stable aircraft, and it was where I started formation flying. The following 7 years was spent flying in formation in firstly Meteors
and Hunters. It became second nature taking off in pairs, climbing through maybe 25000 feet of cloud, then joining up with another pair, completing a high level battle formation exercise,
and then back into pairs again for a radar controlled descent and GCA approach and landing.
The point of this posting is to suggest that on my PC, with P3Dv4, and using an X56 flight control system, the Texan is not as stable in pitch and roll as I remember it in 1950/1. I find the Carenado T34 Mentor
more forgiving.
Are the any videos of an A2A Texan flying in formation, and carrying out manoeuvres, roytc

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

The Meteor/Hunter stuff sounds like a lot of fun!

I've flown the A2A T-6 in formation, but never recorded video unfortunately. I've about 500 hours time in Harvards and I find that the A2A T-6 flies exactly like the Harvards I flew. What you're seeing as stability in the Carenado T-34 is just a plain vanilla generic airplane with no soul...lifeless. The AccuSim T-6 is a living, breathing being with a soul and heart of gold!! Hence, it may feel somewhat less stable than the Mentor. :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”