A2A aircraft will not work in P3Dv4

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
N618RC
Airman

A2A aircraft will not work in P3Dv4

Post by N618RC »

Not sure what happened but for whatever reason my A2A 182, VTail, and Comanche just stopped working. I have been flying them regularly and was gone for a few days and when I returned they will load but acts like dead batteries but can't get into maint. hanger to replace it. Will not start with control E either. Everything else still seems to work. I noticed there was a Windows 10 update while I was gone or just before I left. Any ideas?

Randy

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: A2A aircraft will not work in P3Dv4

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Randy,

It's always possible that a Windows update can affect other software on your system. However, have you made any other changes to your P3Dv4 installation lately? Even something seemingly innocuous such as changing your default scenario?

Thanks,
Nick

P.S. I'll move this topic to the C182 tech support forum, as you don't mention having Accu-Feel installed.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Is this a saved flight you are trying?

If its a saved flight, try a new flight as the old save could be corrupted.

You mentioned not being able to access hanger, can you let us know more of this, in what way can you not access it?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Teejayza
Airman Basic

Post by Teejayza »

Hi... I have A2A Texan, Spitfire and C172 + Accufeel v2 installed on my PC. Running P3D v4.5, Windows 8.1 , 64 bit. On Monday I re-installed P3D 4.5 after removing a FlyTampa airport which corrupted all my scenery.

After the re-install I tested P3D...all fine, including Orbx scenery. However, none of my previously working A2A aircraft nor Accufeel will install. I get the message 'no valid install of P3D found on this PC.

All other programs working fine. Any ideas, please? I am extremely satisfied with A2A products except for this inconvenient hitch. Thank you .

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Teejayza,

That message indicates that the Prepar3D.exe can't be located in the location specified in the Windows registry.

If you've manually moved or renamed any of the P3Dv4 folders during the reinstallation, that would be one explanation for this.

Alternatively, it could be due to registry edits cause by a third-party program. In this case, I suggest you try a 'repair' of your P3D installation via the Windows add/remove programs screen.

As a side note, if your A2A aircraft are installed outside of the P3Dv4 directory as recommended, it generally shouldn't be necessary to reinstall them, even if you do a complete clean reinstall of P3D itself.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Teejayza
Airman Basic

Post by Teejayza »

Thank you Nick, for a very quick response to me here in The Netherlands.

My original P3D installation was direct to Drive D (no folder). Before I re-installed P3D, I created a folder for P3D called Lockheed Martin to make location easier to find. Would this be the problem, and if so, how would I fix it?

Thanks,
Tom

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Tom,

If you did a completely clean uninstall and then reinstall of P3Dv4 to a new folder, this shouldn't present a problem. However, if you manually moved any directories after the installation process, that could certainly explain the issue.

Could you try the 'repair' approach as mentioned above, and if that doesn't work a manual edit to the registry will probably be the quickest way to resolve the issue.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Teejayza
Airman Basic

Post by Teejayza »

Thanks Nick,

I went to Drive E and opened the Lockheed Martin folder. I selected all items and moved them directly to E, ignoring the folder. I then removed the folder. In other words, all is as it was before I added the folder to Drive E.

Everything seems to be working fine.

Thank you for your time and support.

Regards,
Tom

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the update Tom - happy to hear that you've resolved the issue.

Regards,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

N618RC
Airman

Post by N618RC »

Okay, I am not trying to load a saved flight. As has been suggested numerous times when I load P3Dv4 I load a default flight with a default aircraft, default Mooney, then change to whatever I want to fly. When I load any of my A2A P3Dv4 planes with the exception of the Connie, they will load and I will see them fine, inside and outside. The problem is that they act as though they have dead batteries. They will not even turn over, will not auto-start, cannot go to the maint. hanger to change out battery. Cannot open the doors. It is the same in my Comanche 250, my Cessna 182, and my Beech Vtail Bonanza. All of my other aircraft work just fine. This morning I uninstalled the update loaded in the interim and didn't change anything. To my knowledge I changed nothing. I just brought up my sim and with the Vtail it sounds like the engine is turning over but you don't hear the fuel pump and the prop does not move. One parting note, I have uninstalled these planes, cleaned out the files in app data roaming, and reinstalled them with the same issues.
Sorry for rambling on,
Randy

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Randy,

I'm wondering if some files have been corrupted at some stage, which could explain this change in behaviour.

Please can you make a back up of the entire "Documents\A2A" directory and then delete it. This folder, and new log.dat files within should be generated next time you load an A2A aircraft.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

N618RC
Airman

Post by N618RC »

I really don't know where to go with this. I deleted the folder as mentioned and it redone itself as you said but did not change the outcome. I have uninstalled all the A2A aircraft including going into app data and removing all files related to no avail. Not sure what happened but it doesn't seem to want to correct itself. I don't know what I done and I assume I must have done something. Seems the only alternative is to uninstall P3Dv4 and start from scratch. It is strange that I only have problem with A2A aircraft. Oh well, won't be the first time I have had to reinstall a flight sim although the first time I have had the problem with P3D.
Thanks for the efforts, I appreciate them,
Randy

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for trying that Randy.

Before you resort to reinstalling P3D, please could you just confirm which aircraft currently loads with your default scenario in P3D? If you've modified the default flight at all, you could try restoring the original default flight by deleting the contents of the "Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files" directory.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

N618RC
Airman

Post by N618RC »

I sure wish I could tell you that it worked but unfortunately it didn't. In answer to your question about the default flight, it is the default Mooney at KBJC here in metro Denver. By following your suggestion it was the F18 down in Pensicola, Florida but changed nothing. I removed everything in that folder and moved it to another drive, there was nothing in that folder. Danged if I know.

Randy

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks Randy.

Please can you take a look in the "Documents\A2A\FSX\Cessna182" folder (the one you tried deleting previously) and see if the aircraft is currently managing to write any files to this location. For example, does this directory contain files such as "v2_C182SLog.dat"?

Thanks,
Nick

P.S. The FSX folder above is used even for aircraft installed in P3D.
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”