flaps go down, plane goes backwards prop destroyed

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Steve Burney
Airman

flaps go down, plane goes backwards prop destroyed

Post by Steve Burney »

The title pretty much sums it up. When I start a flight, the flaps go down and the plane goes backwards, then the prop stops and it continues to go backwards. In the hangar, leaks near the supercharger, bad prop strike, the crankshaft is done. Complete overhaul fixes everything but the prop strike, but the plane still won't work. Can you help me get this sorted out?

Oh, and I tried loading the A2A Cherokee 180... it does the same thing.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: flaps go down, plane goes backwards prop destroyed

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
It helps others to help you , if you give more information .
1/. what is your system ie win 7 , 10 ectra
2/. what sim FSXSE,FSXAcceleration,P3Dv3,4,5
3/. is this a saved flight or is this selected after the default flight comes up in the spinning freeflight window
4/. have you checked for control input conflicts
5/. are you new to A2A aircraft , if so , once you downloaded and installed , did you make sure you updated the aircraft , depending on sim depends on type of installer , newer installers auto check and update , older ones dont,you have to start the update.
Have you tried reselecting the aircraft to see if that gets everything set correctly before flight , the fact you cannot fix prop , would imply a posible simconnect issue.
regards alan. 8)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Steve,

Yes, as Alan says, we'll be better able to help if you can give us some basic info such as the host simulator that you're using.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Steve Burney
Airman

Post by Steve Burney »

I apologize for the missing information.

It's a win10 system running FSX-SE. It happens on any flight, if the flight starts in the air the engine won't run & the plane crashes (controls don't respond). I've had the a/c for over a year, and I have tried re-selecting the aircraft from within a flight that starts with a non-A2A a/c.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the info Steve.

To start with, please can you make sure you've installed the latest Accu-Sim update.

Then load your next flight on the ground, make sure the engine is shut down (use the cold and dark option in the Shift 3 menu if you prefer) and then visit the maintenance hangar to carry out a complete overhaul.

If you still have problems after following these steps, please let us know.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Steve Burney
Airman

Post by Steve Burney »

Did the update, same result. The flaps go down, the plane goes backwards, and in the hangar the destroyed prop isn't repairable.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Steve Burney wrote: 21 May 2020, 20:03 id the update, same result. The flaps go down, the plane goes backwards, and in the hangar the destroyed prop isn't repairable.
Hi Steve,

Sorry for the delayed reply. Please can you try backing-up and then deleting the files in "Documents\A2A\FSX\Cessna182" and see if the issue remains.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Steve Burney
Airman

Post by Steve Burney »

Hi Nick,
No luck. What should I look at next? (And should I restore the original folder or leave it for now? I don't mind if we start the plane over from scratch.)

Steve

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks Steve,

You may as well leave the contents of that folder if you're not worried about starting from scratch.

Could you let us know what your default flight is in FSX? For example, which aircraft loads in the rotating preview window when the 'Free Flight' window appears? Also, any other add-ons running and can you recall if you made any changes to the sim when this started happening?

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Steve Burney
Airman

Post by Steve Burney »

The default flight uses the A2A 182. The only other add ons are FSUIPC and the Mindstar GNS430. Both were working fine prior to this issue. I've been working on getting a hardware trim wheel to work using Mobiflight (which I also use to control the GNS), but the trouble happens even if I don't load Mobiflight.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Using the 182 for the default flight may be the problem Steve. Please can you resave the default flight in FSX to use one of the stock aircraft included with the sim. It doesn't have to be the original flight with the Air Creation trike in mid-air, but using something like the default C172SP should be fine.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Steve Burney
Airman

Post by Steve Burney »

OK, I saved a different flight as the default. If I take that flight and drop the A2A 182 into it with the plane on the ground I get the same result: flaps go down, plane goes backwards. I haven't tried it in flight, but I imagine it would crash as it has in the past. If I start the sim with the new default flight and load any A2A 182 flight I also get the flaps down, plane backwards problem.

I flew the sim with the other plane, no problem, but anytime I try to fly the A2A 182 I have this same weird problem. I do appreciate your help, though, and I'm ready to move to the next fix.

Steve

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Steve,

can you please make sure your default flight is using a stock default aircraft at a default location.

Also please can you let me know if you use FSUIPC?

Another thing to try is to run a verification of the FSX files in steam;
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -QEUH-3335

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Steve Burney
Airman

Post by Steve Burney »

Hi Lewis,
The trike at Friday Harbor flies fine. Drop the 182 into it and the flaps still go down and the controls don't respond, but it didn't go backwards this time.

I do use FSUIPC.

I did the Steam verification. It completed, but didn't say there was a problem.

Steve

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Steve,

What happens if you disable FSUIPC (for example by moving the FSUIPC4.dll into a different folder)?

Generally speaking, if the flight controls respond as expected to the basic FSX inputs, it'll point to an issue with your FSUIPC installation or settings.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”