P3Dv5 C182 Key Ignition Issue

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
rbapon
Airman Basic

P3Dv5 C182 Key Ignition Issue

Post by rbapon »

One of my favorite planes is back in P3D's V5 release but I've got a pesky problem starting the plane. The key ignition that normally snaps back to "both" mags and is activated using the mouse, does not snap back at all and can quickly drain the battery. A freshly loaded 182 can be started with autostart, but when I manually turn the key nothing happens and I watch the battery voltage drop quickly. I need to reset with a default plane and then reload the 182 to try and start the plane again. I'm also encountering recurring fuel leaks and broken flaps... strange accusim issues. Haven't noticed these kinds of glitches in the V5 Cub or Bonanza.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: P3Dv5 C182 Key Ignition Issue

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello rbapon,

Yes, we're currently investigating an issue relating to the propeller startup/shutdown animation with the new P3Dv5 version of the 182. Will update you once we have a better idea of the fix.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but in the meantime, reloading the aircraft as described here should provide a short term fix.

Thanks
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

rbapon
Airman Basic

Post by rbapon »

Thank you, Nick.

I'm really enjoying the ground handling and general flight characteristics of the C182. Always have but even more so in the new engine.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks - that's great to hear! Please check out this post for a small unrelated hotfix which you can download whilst we investigate the prop animation issue.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

rbapon
Airman Basic

Post by rbapon »

Installed and will fly around for a bit testing things out.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”