C182 Panel transposed issue

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
eagle172
Airman Basic

C182 Panel transposed issue

Post by eagle172 »

I've installed the new installer for C-182 in Prepar3d V-5, the plane comes up runs great and fly's great, but the dash appears to have a second panel transposed under the 182 panel and I can not read the gauges. I've deleted the aircraft and reinstalled it twice and still no joy, can't figure out why. Please help solve this anomaly

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: C182 Panel transposed issue

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello eagle172 and welcome.

This sounds like it may be an issue caused by a bug in the current version of P3Dv5 where the "COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=" entry in the Prepar3D.cfg is being set to 0 for some users. For more info please see this topic. The fix is to edit the file to change the "COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=" entry from 0 to 1 as there's no facility to do this via the UI unlike in FSX.

The Prepar3D.cfg can be found in C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5.

Lockheed Martin have reportedly fixed the issue for the next update of P3Dv5.

If this doesn't fix the issue on your system, please can you attach a screenshot to show exactly what you're seeing.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

eagle172
Airman Basic

Post by eagle172 »

Thank you Nick for the quick response, changing from 0 to 1 took care of the issue. Looks beautiful, as usual!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome eagle and thanks for posting back with the update.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”