182 Parking brake clickspot

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Eseem
Airman

182 Parking brake clickspot

Post by Eseem »

Hi, if it's possible, could you remove the parking brake clickspot that's down the shaft of the lever, behind the handle? I've had a few landings now with the parking brake on, as a result from trying to toggle the Pitot Heat in-flight and without realising it clicking the parking brake because I selected the clickspot that is clickable through the panel.

Sidenote: Fresh install with v5+HF and latest 182 version, my CRS and HDG knob is invisible on the KI 525. There are no other visual glitches or other bugs at all (ignoring the parking brake), only these two tiny knobs missing.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: 182 Parking brake clickspot

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Eseem,

The suggestion about the parking brake click spot is a good one. I'll check to see if this is doable.

As for the missing CRS and HDG knobs, are you sure the KI 525 is selected in the Shift 3 menu? By default, just a standard DG is fitted. If you have selected the KI 525, please could you share a screenshot of exactly what you're seeing?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Eseem
Airman

Re: 182 Parking brake clickspot

Post by Eseem »

Thanks for the reply, fingers crossed.

The knobs are back, so apparently it was just a onetime glitch. I could use the heading and course knob as normal, I just couldn't see them. I saw the texture of the panel behind them and everything else of the 525, just not the twisty bits. The lesson is to recreate before complaining! Cheers.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”