Strange black windows

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Toby70
Airman Basic

Strange black windows

Post by Toby70 »

Hi,

I noticed strange black windows on c182 and c172 when in outside view (windshield, other windows, taxi and landing lights). From the inside views are normal and everything else works normal. Default aircraft are OK.
I think something got messed up but i don't know what the problem is.
I got all the latest updates for c182 and c172 for p3dv5. I've got p3d v5 hf2 installed.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Screenshot:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1X_JSfU ... sp=sharing

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Strange black windows

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Toby

can you please give us more information, I'd be waging on something unrelated to your aircraft causing the issue. Are you seeing it on any other aircraft?

What addons are you running, how did you update your P3D to the latest HF2 etc etc

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Toby70
Airman Basic

Post by Toby70 »

Hi Lewis,

I have only A2A C172 and C182 installed. Both A/C are affected. Other A/C are default p3d and are ok. I don't have any other 3rd party A/C installed.
I am using following addons:
- Active Sky p3d v5 Beta 7
- TOGA Envtex, Envshade, Envsound
- GSX Level 2
- Orbx Global base Pack, Buildings HD, TerraFlora v2, Trees HD, open LC Erope, Libraries, ObjectFlow
- FS Global Ultimate - NG 2020 FTX
- UT Live
- EZCA Pro 3.1 for P3Dv5
- AI Lights Reborn Pro
All addons are upodated to the latest versions

I installed the p3d v5 HF2 separately - first the client and then content and scenery part. I made a flight after the update and I didn't notice anything wrong.

After that flight I updated TOGA Envshade to version 1.1.5.6, FSDT GSX via FSDT Live Update, A2A C172 via C172 live update, AI Lights Reborn Pro and EZCA Pro 3.1. I also updated GeForce drivers to version 451.67.

The first flight after p3d updated was done on Jun 25th and the second when I noticed the blacked windows yesterday on Jul 7th after all the above updates except Envshade which I updated today, but the problem is still there.
I also have win 10 2004 update installed and Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling ON.

Here is another close up screenshot of the c182 windshield. It looks like I had a cockpit fire
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11-2myQ ... sp=sharing

Thanks
Toby70

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Toby70,

From the list of add-ons you've posted, I suspect the shader mod (i.e Envshade/Envtex) is most likely to be linked to the issue. Can you try reverting your P3Dv5 installation back to its default shaders and check if the issue remains?

In the meantime I'll update my GeForce drivers from 451.48 to 451.67 to see if the issue is reproduceable.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Toby70
Airman Basic

Post by Toby70 »

Hi Nick,

It looks like you are right. I did Disable and Restore Envshade/EnvTex in Envdir and load p3d. The windshield and windows of c182 were normal. But when I install it back the windshields gets darker again.

Thanks,
Toby70

Nick - A2A wrote: 13 Jul 2020, 11:52 Hello Toby70,

From the list of add-ons you've posted, I suspect the shader mod (i.e Envshade/Envtex) is most likely to be linked to the issue. Can you try reverting your P3Dv5 installation back to its default shaders and check if the issue remains?

In the meantime I'll update my GeForce drivers from 451.48 to 451.67 to see if the issue is reproduceable.

Thanks,
Nick

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Ah, thought that might be the case - thanks for the update. Might be worth contacting their tech support people to see if there's a workaround or setting you can untick. Afraid I'm not too familiar with Envshade.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Toby70
Airman Basic

Post by Toby70 »

Nick,

Just an update
I reinstalled EnvTex and EnvShade to p3d and it looks like that whatever the problem was, it corrected itself. Everything is back to normal. Go figure... :)
Anyway thanks for your help and my best regards
Toby70

Nick - A2A wrote: 13 Jul 2020, 13:39 Ah, thought that might be the case - thanks for the update. Might be worth contacting their tech support people to see if there's a workaround or setting you can untick. Afraid I'm not too familiar with Envshade.

Thanks,
Nick

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome Toby - great to hear the issue seems to be resolved.

All the best,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”