P3D hangs every 10sec

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Amundsen
Airman

P3D hangs every 10sec

Post by Amundsen »

Hello!

After many, many hours of flying without any problems my P3D-system suffered an eclatant impact.

Loading the C182 takes about 20sec, and after loading the P3D "hangs" every 10sec: the blue "waiting-circle" turns round some seconds. Followed by some seconds of normal use...then again and so on....
This doesn't occur with P3D-default airplanes.

The background:
The dropbox-app I installed some days ago moved the default-userfolder to another HDD (\user\amundsen\....
So I deinstalled this fu :evil: dropbox-app, moved the folders back, and it was also necessary to edit the WIN-registry back to the defaults.

I have deinstalled A2A, deleted all remaining A2A-folders/files, and reinstalled the C182 using the defaults of the setup (\user\amundsen\documents\prepar3d V4 add-ons\a2a) . But the prob remains.

Or could it be something else?

Thanks for any hints
Greetings from EDSL

P3D V4.5
WIN10
nVidia GTX 1070
C182

Amundsen
Airman

Re: P3D hangs every 10sec

Post by Amundsen »

update:

on the menubar of P3D the addon-item of ACCUSIM-sound has disappeared. Any ideas whats going on here?
Greetings from EDSL

P3D V4.5
WIN10
nVidia GTX 1070
C182

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Amundsen,

This isn't an issue I've encountered before, but if a third-party app has caused some issues with your P3Dv4 installation, one thing I'd suggest is to reset it to its default settings. Once way to do this is to use the "delete generated files" shortcut in the main "Prepar3D v4" directory.

However, before you do this try repairing P3Dv4 via it's shortcut in the Windows list of installed programs as I believe this should clean up any incorrect registry entries.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Amundsen
Airman

Post by Amundsen »

Hello Nick!

Thanks for your answer! I will try it tomorrow, backup first, then You will get my report :o . I'm getting desperated, I do NOT want to reinstall tons of ORBX-sceneries....
Greetings from EDSL

P3D V4.5
WIN10
nVidia GTX 1070
C182

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, interested to know how you get on.

However, if you installed your Orbx scenery using Central v4 outside of your P3Dv4 directory, you can reinstall the sim without having to reinstall the sceneries.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Amundsen
Airman

Post by Amundsen »

Hello!

After calling the "repair" option, I started the P3D again. These "waiting-cycles" are gone, but the AdddOns-menu is still empty.
And the sound is odd: hearing a idle prop sound (not the A2A-sound), wether the P3D-sound is toggled or not.

I'll keep exploring, but soon I will approach the point where I save time by reinstalling P3D :evil:
Greetings from EDSL

P3D V4.5
WIN10
nVidia GTX 1070
C182

Amundsen
Airman

Post by Amundsen »

.... :roll: :oops: :?

I have deinstalled A2A, then P3D completely, removed all remaining folders, then reinstalled P3D and A2A, but still the same:

The C182 has the wrong (default?) sound. Pushing the throttle to FULL, the sound of RPMs remains at IDLE. And there is still no Accusim-Item in AddOns-Menu of P3D.

Could it be a problem with simconnect? What can I do else?
Greetings from EDSL

P3D V4.5
WIN10
nVidia GTX 1070
C182

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

You will want to perform an uninstall and P3D uninstall, then go to the locations and manually delete any left overs as it does sound like your dropbox or whatever you where using has really done a number on your system (similar to how one drive can do exactly similar to what you have experience). So you need to get back to utter zero before reinstalling.

You might also have to clean your registry of P3D and there will be things like the hidden folders in your user files also in Windows that will want to be manually deleted.

Then restart your system and you should be good to go again from a point of being at the beginning again.

If you need help tracking stuff down just let us know and I'll do my best to find what I can on my current install of P3D so you can go and check if you not sure of where to check.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Amundsen
Airman

Post by Amundsen »

Hello Nick and Lewis!

Thank You so much for Your help - and yes, I had to get back to utter zero.
I deleted all remaining hidden files and folders, but I didn't want to edit the registry to avoid more and greater problems.

I changed the default user folder of WIN10 to another SSD, so all new apps and documents will be installed there. The result: nothing :o

So my last try was to create a new user. Logged in, installed P3D (5times this day :lol: ), rebooted and installed A2A. And voila: no problems!!!

Okay, now I have to change the user each time before flightsimming, but never mind.

Hope that this threat can stickes as RESOLVED :wink:
Greetings from EDSL

P3D V4.5
WIN10
nVidia GTX 1070
C182

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Ahh good stuff. If you are ok with that solution then that's fine and great. But if you do want to take it further then the solution of the users at least nails down the issue to the user folders for P3D in windows. 8) So that'll be where to look should you want to go further.

Example; \Users\*Your User name*\AppData

Its hidden folder but within you will see three folders some with sub folders for A2A and P3D and normally just about every software you ever installed lol. In those will be the key I imagine for getting it working again on your normal user account.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Amundsen
Airman

Post by Amundsen »

I use a third party file explorer (not the WIN10-explorer), so I get displayed ALL files and folders(hidden, system), there were no remaining things of P3D nor A2A. So this aftermoon I reached the point of no return: never again flightsimming :evil:

Yes, it's a dirty solution, but now I am ok with my new user :D
Perhaps there are some oddments in the registry. Anyway, great to have a maiden flightsim 8) This time all the ORBX-sceneries will be installed into an extern library on another SSD!
Greetings from EDSL

P3D V4.5
WIN10
nVidia GTX 1070
C182

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”