Strange Boxes instead of digits in KAP-140

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
harald.nowak
Airman Basic

Strange Boxes instead of digits in KAP-140

Post by harald.nowak »

I reinstalled my FSX Skylane 182 into Steam FSX after a long time (as my 2nd flightsim for my Laptop when underways) and I seem to be having a font problem:
Everything looks good, EXCEPT the display of the KAP 140, that shows only square outlines instead of numbers.
I am running FSX Steam on Windows 10 - anybody an idea what I am missing and what I could do? (already reinstalled in admin mode)

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Strange Boxes instead of digits in KAP-140

Post by Jacques »

From another thread in the forum: make sure you have the “high-resolution 3D virtual cockpit checked in Aircraft settings“. Or it could also be a font that has gone missing. I’m out of ideas if it isn’t one of those two possibilities except...always load a default aircraft before loading an A2A aircraft.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Harald and welcome.

Are you using the DX-10 preview or third-party DX-10 fixer in FSX? This has been reported to cause this issue in the past.

If not, I recommend that as well as following Jacques' advice above, you manually delete the following file:

Documents\A2A\FSX\Cessna182\Cessna182log.dat.f

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

harald.nowak
Airman Basic

Post by harald.nowak »

1000 thanks, Nick (and the others)! That was it! I deleted that ominous C182SLog.dat.f file and now the KAP is working fine!

cheers,
Harry

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the update Harry and good to hear that seems to have fixed the problem. The *Log.dat.f file stores persistent radio frequencies, so in your case I'd guess the file somehow became corrupted.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”