182 Autopilot and the Bravo Throttle Quadrant

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

182 Autopilot and the Bravo Throttle Quadrant

Post by twsharp12 »

Hello!

I have been working on getting my new Bravo Throttle Quadrant set up with my various A2A planes and it has been working magnificently with the Pipers. Unfortunately, I'm having a terrible time getting the AP programmed with the 182. Right now, for turning on the AP, I will push the Auto Pilot button with executes the following variables:

AP button - (L:kap140_ap_button,bool), also set (L:kap140_ap,bool) to 1, don’t change to 0 on button release

When this is set up and I push the button in the sim, it won't turn on all the way. It flashes AP a few times then disconnects again. I do not have 0 set up on button release for the kap140_ap.

Has anyone had any luck getting this or a similar autopilot system set up?

Thank you for any advice.

Taylor,

P.S. Does anyone know where to get a list of the Bonanza switch variables?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: 182 Autopilot and the Bravo Throttle Quadrant

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Taylor,

Have you tried using the autopilot shortcuts in the Skylane Input Configurator? You should be able to access its shortcut from the "A2A Simulations" folder in the Windows start menu.

Thanks,
Nick

P.S. A list of Bonanza L:Vars was on our to do list, but I fear it may have been forgotten among other priorities. But again, to start with at least, you should check to see if the input configurator offers the functionality you need.
A2A Simulations Inc.

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

Nick - A2A wrote: 24 Jan 2021, 15:55 Hi Taylor,

Have you tried using the autopilot shortcuts in the Skylane Input Configurator? You should be able to access its shortcut from the "A2A Simulations" folder in the Windows start menu.

Thanks,
Nick

P.S. A list of Bonanza L:Vars was on our to do list, but I fear it may have been forgotten among other priorities. But again, to start with at least, you should check to see if the input configurator offers the functionality you need.
Hey Nick,

I didn't even think about the input configurator. That did the trick for me. Sometimes the simple answer is right under your nose.

Thanks,

Taylor.

GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Post by GaryRR »

I often use a wifi fsuipc connected Android Tablet app called
FS Radio Panel.
It has like six different panel windows.
Full radio stack.
Analalogue HSI
Digital HSI
Autopilot
Switch Panel
Moving Map with traffic
Simple GPS FMC
Has mixed results on more complex aircraft but flawless on default and most freeware.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”