How to install,,,,,,,?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
nightowl4903
Airman Basic

How to install,,,,,,,?

Post by nightowl4903 »

I purchased a third party Garmin 530, and installed it on my computer. How do I get the aircraft configurator for the 182 to find it so I can load and use it? Or in lue of that, how I might be able to install it manually? I've tried everything I can think of and it's getting frustrating. Thanx in advance.
Dale

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: How to install,,,,,,,?

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Dale,

the supported types are in the aircraft configurator. So you'll want to make sure you purchase the correct GPS simulation. So long as you purchase and install the supported software its an easy plug and play affair. Just select the unit in the configurator and you'll be good to go.

Which GPS simulation did you purchase?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

nightowl4903
Airman Basic

Post by nightowl4903 »

I bought the RXP GNS 530. It's listed in the configurator, but I can't get it to load on the panel. I've been fighting it for two days now,

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Dale,

From a quick search of your previous posts, you seem to be using the FSX version of the 182. If so, this includes support for the original version of the RXP GNS 530 but it was released before the RXP GNS 530W/430W v2 which is probably what you've purchased.

If so, you can use the RealityXP configuration tool to update the panel.cfg file for the 182 to support the newer version of the RXP gauge. First of all, use the A2A Aircraft Configurator to select the Flight1 GNS 530 option. Then, use the RealityXP "setup aircraft" tool to detect and replace the existing gauge entries with newer v2 ones. This option is available from the P3D top menu. I'm away from home right now or I'd show a screenshot of the relevant page, but if you're still stuck with this, let me know as I'll be home tomorrow night.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”