C 182 AND V 5.2

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Alox
Airman

C 182 AND V 5.2

Post by Alox »

Hi

Does Skylane works with p3d V5.2 or need to be updated?

Regards.

Alox
Airman

Re: C 182 AND V 5.2

Post by Alox »

The rain effect does not work :(

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Alox,

The Accu-Sim 182 should work fine with v5.2 of P3D. Just double-checked and the dynamic rain effect is working with my installation when using default weather. Are you using the built in weather to generate rain, or the APS3D beta?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Alox
Airman

Post by Alox »

Hi, Nick for some reason it is not working on my side, i tried with default weather (stormy) and sky force in both situations the dynamic rain is in slow motion.

Any suggestion.

Regards.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Please could you just explain in a bit more detail what you mean by "slow motion" Alox? Do you mean the speed with which the droplets run down the windscreen due to gravity on the ground, the effect of prop wash on the droplets, or the speed or rain streaks on the glass when in flight? Or is it all of these?

Also, do you have any other add-ons are running in P3D and if so, which ones?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Alox
Airman

Post by Alox »

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for posting the video Alox. This is certainly an unusual issue and not one we've had reported before.

Was the video shot with just the default weather loaded, or are any other weather add-ons loaded? Also, as mentioned about, please can you let us know if any other P3D utilities are running, e.g. camera add-ons, FSUIPC etc.?

Please can you also look in the "Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\A2A\Gauges" folder and let us know the date modified of the "Windshield.dll" file?

Kind regards,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

can you let us know how you updated to 5.2, there appears to be a common theme in people who have updated over full clean install are having issues with the sim. Whilst though who have done clean installs are up and running all ok with there aircraft.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

JBBlack
Airman Basic

Post by JBBlack »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 14 Jun 2021, 06:56 Hello,

can you let us know how you updated to 5.2, there appears to be a common theme in people who have updated over full clean install are having issues with the sim. Whilst though who have done clean installs are up and running all ok with their aircraft.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
If it helps I would like to make a suggestion, if it doesn't help you can just disregard it, or delete it without offending me. I just would like to try to help if possible as this sounds frustrating.

I just tested my A2A 182 last night and my windshield rain (and airplane textures) works perfectly. When I raise the RPM's the rain runs fast and clean up the windshield as it should, unlike in his video.

I did a full install, but without removing any of my addons, using the outstanding guide by Nick Cooper at Orbx.

There are a bunch of things you have to do when doing this kind of install I can post the link here if it's ok, IF NOT just remove the link and the OP can find it.

I have used this method for every install since installing P3Dv5 last year (and before that all versions of 4) and never once had to do a "total" clean install, and have VERY little issues when updating P3D.

If all else fails, It's at least worth a try.

Special Note I just spotted this:
EDIT 10th June 2021: Now that P3D v5.2 has been released, it has become clear that unless the user installs at least both the updated Client and the updated Content, anomalies will occur, not least in the operation of the simulator. For this reason, a full reinstallation of all three parts is recommended.

MY OWN NOTES on doing a full update:

This guide (see link) basically gives you a FULL CLEAN install without having to install all your add-ons.

FIRST Download the FULL P3Dv5.2 installer.

You SHOULD check the MD5 hash number on the very large P3D full download just to make sure. (optional)

You MUST follow Nicks instructions for removing P3D and reinstalling TO THE LETTER (NOTE, It looks like a pain BUT it goes by so quickly that you won't believe it's done)

YOU MUST install the FULL P3D v5.2 download BACK into the original folder you used before for this to work, so make SURE you change the default path/drive letter before installing it....or you will have a mess. Take your time and make sure you got this right!!

Some add-ons are not updated for 5.2 yet and may not work OR cause P3D to crash!! I had to fully remove the Flight1 GTN and LatinVFR KFLL to get my first flight to load!! (NOTE KFLL has been updated since, not sure about the GTN)

You MUST delete your old prepar3d.cfg BEFORE starting your first flight after updating, so back it up for reference!!

You MUST delete or clear the shader folder BEFORE starting your first flight after updating.

IF you have ALL of Orbx in a library You MUST verify files for ALL Orbx Global, LandClass, mesh add-ons (it's not as bad as it sounds and if you queue them up it goes by very fast) BEFORE starting your first flight after updating.

IF you don't use an Orbx Library You MUST follow Nicks instructions for ANY Orbx files you have installed in the simulator folder!!! ( I have a library so I have never had to do this!!)

YOU MUST run the Orbx "Sync Simulator" tool BEFORE starting your first flight after updating. To find Sync Simulator, Click Settings -> Help -> Sync Simulator.

I have NEVER had to run the batch file to remove all P3D files, BUT it is an option if you feel you have run into problems. (you are on your own here)

VERY IMPORTANT!! You MUST update all of your GSX stuff TWICE (through the FSDT Couati updater) BEFORE starting your first flight after updating.

Please Note: In most cases, the uninstallation of the client will completely remove the ShadersHLSL folder. If your P3D v5 root folder still contains a ShadersHLSL folder after the P3D Client has been uninstalled, the ShadersHLSL folder should be manually deleted, as it must contain amendments added by the user or third party software that will cause problems with P3D v5.2.

Everything MAY NOT work as normal on your VERY first flight. It may take 2 or possibly 3 flights for everything to start showing up normally (GSX airport cache, FSDT airports yada yada)

MOST IMPORTANT, you MUST start, fully load and fly the P3D default scenario on your first flight after updating!! Then on your next load (restart) of P3D flight you can run your add-on planes.

Good Luck!

FULL GUIDE HERE:

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/192 ... correctly/
EVGA Z390 Dark ; i9 9900k ; 32gig Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 ; EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra ; Creative Zx 5.1 Surround ; Windows 10 Pro M.2 Samsung EVO 970 1TB

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Thanks for confirmation JBBlack this is pretty much par for the course with P3D in my experience in support and as a user. As nice as the idea of the client update to save an install is ive yet to see it really work. I personally would always recommend a reinstall over an update install, the past 3,4 maybe even 5 times more ive gone through this ive come across users having issues due to the updater method whilst though who went the reinstall route are running fine.

I think ill just note it down to good practice, like the complex addon wanting a default flight. Its not a requirement per say but is a great example of good practice for the most trouble-free running of the software.

cheers,
Lewis

Alox
Airman

Post by Alox »

Nick - A2A wrote: 14 Jun 2021, 04:00 Thanks for posting the video Alox. This is certainly an unusual issue and not one we've had reported before.

Was the video shot with just the default weather loaded, or are any other weather add-ons loaded? Also, as mentioned about, please can you let us know if any other P3D utilities are running, e.g. camera add-ons, FSUIPC etc.?

Please can you also look in the "Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\A2A\Gauges" folder and let us know the date modified of the "Windshield.dll" file?

Kind regards,
Nick
Hi, Nick i have the same result with default weather or with Sky Force i am not using any other p3d utility such camera add-ons or FSUIPC.

Date modified on the Windshield.dll" file is 5/11/2020.

Regards.

Alox
Airman

Post by Alox »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 14 Jun 2021, 06:56 Hello,

can you let us know how you updated to 5.2, there appears to be a common theme in people who have updated over full clean install are having issues with the sim. Whilst though who have done clean installs are up and running all ok with there aircraft.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
Hi, Lewis I did a full clean installation.

Regards.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey Alox,

when you did a full re-install of P3D starting from scratch did you install other add-ons too, any new shaders or anything else beside the 182?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

Alox
Airman

Post by Alox »

Hi.

No i did not. I tried re- installing the 182 but i have the same situation. Any suggestion?

Regards.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Alox,

The Windshield.dll you're using is correct. However, you could try replacing it with the test version linked here.

When you say you did a full clean installation of P3Dv5.2, did this include removing the files generated by the sim? If not, this would be the next thing to try.

The most important folders to delete are this one...

C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5

...To delete the cached shaders

And the "Prepar3D.cfg" in this location.

C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5

This will revert the sim to its default settings.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”