About oil leak

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Fly182
Airman

About oil leak

Post by Fly182 »

Hi, I went in this circumstance. I had a bad landing on a glass runway and I got propeller damaged and oil leak red warning in the "hangar" page. I decided to fixed only the propeller as I was curious to see how an oil leak would have impacted my next flight :D . But I have flown for two hours without any issues confirmed by engine' gauges. Are two hours a too short time to see effects?

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: About oil leak

Post by Oracle427 »

I do not know if or how the simulation determines the root cause of a leak. If the issue acts merely like a failed gasket in a spot where it would not get into components where oil should not be present, there would probably be no problem at all until the oil level drops low enough to result in engine damage. I believe the IO-540 can easily get away with as low as 4 qts.

Now if the oil "leak" was caused by a hole in the crankcase...
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: About oil leak

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Oracle hit the nail on the head, you are probably still good for now but as these things tend to come along there is a chance in a future flight all of a sudden things with the flick of a switch will go from all fine to you need to land right now and you don't have much choice about it :mrgreen: 8)

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”