Out of the blue odd behavior

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
medx421
Airman First Class

Out of the blue odd behavior

Post by medx421 »

I fired up the trusty 182 in P3Dv4.5 for a flight and experienced some very odd behavior. I have not made any changes to the sim or settings. When I load up the 182 (cold and dark), suddenly and without input from me, either the tail or a wing starts to dip on it's own into the tarmac, and then the plane gets shot up into the air and slammed repeatedly into the ground as if under control by some invisible giant. I have absolutely zero explanation for this. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling, although I don't believe the uninstall was clean because all of my old liveries were back when I reinstalled. I am also not having this issue with any other A2A aircraft. Any thoughts would be appreciated as it is one of my favorite A2A planes.

Thanks,
Nick

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Out of the blue odd behavior

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Nick,

is this a new flight or a saved flight. Pease make sure your default flight isn't set to an Accusim aircraft or another third party complex simulation as that can cause load corruption on loading into the flight.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

medx421
Airman First Class

Post by medx421 »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 08 Aug 2022, 06:46 Hello Nick,

is this a new flight or a saved flight. Pease make sure your default flight isn't set to an Accusim aircraft or another third party complex simulation as that can cause load corruption on loading into the flight.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
Hey Lewis. It's been awhile. Hope all is well. This is a new flight, same as always. It isn't from a saved state and no Accusim aircraft or otherwise as described are set as default. Like I said, there has been no changes. How do I go about doing a complete clean uninstall and reinstall? When I uninstalled and reinstalled last time, it still kept all my old liveries leaving me to believe that something was left behind. May be possible that it will help.

Nick

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Nick,

which platform are you on?

Rather than a reinstall try some new dat files. You can have new ones generated (These are your hour wear and tear files) that are kept here by default;
\Documents\A2A\FSX\Cessna182

if you delete them, the next time the aircraft is loaded new ones will be generated.

medx421
Airman First Class

Post by medx421 »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 14 Aug 2022, 09:03 Hello Nick,

which platform are you on?

Rather than a reinstall try some new dat files. You can have new ones generated (These are your hour wear and tear files) that are kept here by default;
\Documents\A2A\FSX\Cessna182

if you delete them, the next time the aircraft is loaded new ones will be generated.
Sorry for the delay in responding. It's been a crazy summer. In any event, the platform is P3D, and removing the .dat files seemed to have done the trick. I'm no longer having the issue. I had about 5 backup dat's for each one in there for some reason, so cleaning it up was probably a good idea anyway. Thanks again.

Nick

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

One point to make on the extra ones is that you'll note they are bak files aka back up files to be used if your main .dat fails in an effort to help users save data on there aircraft, hours, wear and tear etc.

thanks,
Lewis -A2A

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”