Behaves like a turbo?

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
Fede
Airman

Behaves like a turbo?

Post by Fede »

Hi all, it's been a while since I had flown this bird, so I can't remember if it's always been like this or not.
As the title says, my Comanche acts like a turbo. I mean, the maximum MAP I get is 29/30, which is right, what I don't get, is why I just set the climb power and never touch it again all the way up to 10000 feet, it's stuck at 24" with no problems. And I can push it to 29" as well...this shouldn't be right....should it? According to the table I should have like 22" at 6000 feet maximum. Am I doing anything wrong?

Cheers
Fede

P.S. I forgot, I'm on FSX:SE

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Behaves like a turbo?

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Fede,

before diving in can we just ask some details of your setup, check you don't have auto mixture on or other aids in the realism settings (the manual under our windows start menu has the correct settings for use) and that you are all updated with the update here; viewtopic.php?f=23&t=57819

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Fede,

Just to add to Lewis' reply, might also be useful if you can share a screenshot so we can get a better idea of your RPM and FF setting too. Here's an example from my P3Dv4 installation at FL100 and as you can see, MP is pretty close to published figures at around 20" with the throttle fully pushed in and RPM set to 2400.

Some tips on sharing images can be found here.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Fede
Airman

Post by Fede »

Hi guys, thank you for your replies.
No, automixture and other stuff is off, in fact other planes like the C182 and PA28 behaves correctly (others too, but these are the A2A's that I've got).
In regards to the MAP that I get, I'll now thake a screenshot and upload, but I can assure you it's around 29", at least it was yesterday. I even thought about uninstalling and reinstalling, maybe something got broken during an update..?

Anyway, I'll be back in a moment with a screenshot.

Cheers
Fede

Fede
Airman

Post by Fede »

Unbelievable, I found the issue. It's Opus FSI. I was trying to recreate the issue with only FSX running, and my RPM at 10000 feet was a little bit more than 20". As soon as I started Opus, it injected the wx and the RPM went up like crazy. Look at this:

Sorry, I have to learn how to share a pic again :-) Can you see it?
Anyway, I'll post about this in Opus forum, Stephen can have a look into it maybe, I don't know if he's got the Comanche or not.

Edit: See post below
Last edited by Fede on 13 Apr 2020, 10:32, edited 1 time in total.

Fede
Airman

Post by Fede »

Better? :-)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the update Fede and good to hear you found the culprit. That's certainly an odd one - as you say, probably a good idea to ask the Opus Software team about it.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Fede
Airman

Post by Fede »

I've just posted on their site. Do you have any idea why it happens..? Opus is working on the weather...can it maybe inject a standard pressure all the way up...? It seems strange, but it definetely looks like that...

Fede
Airman

Post by Fede »

Just to add, I tried with the 182, same thing happens. Something's broken....

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Fede,

How about if you try with a default normally-aspirated piston aircraft like the stock Cessna 172SP?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Fede
Airman

Post by Fede »

It doesn't have a MAP, so I could assume by its performance. Anyway, I tried with the Flight1 Britten Norman, same thing, default Baron, again....

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay - yep, definitely sounds like an issue with Opus FSI. It's not software I'm familiar with, but hopefully the devs will be able to come up with a fix or point you in the direction of a setting to change etc.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Fede
Airman

Post by Fede »

Thank you guys, sorry for the (non) issue.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

No worries Fede and interested to hear if you're able to resolve to the issue.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Fede
Airman

Post by Fede »

Well Nick, Stephen says that Opus is just injecting weather, and I'm pretty sure he's right :D there was a new beta available, which I downloaded (we were having issues with temperature at high altitude airports) and tried it... the problem was solved! Both problems actually, if you want to know. So far so good, some more testing to see if everything is really ok :wink:

Cheers
Fede

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”