Gns530 problem setting flight plan

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
new reply
Rbisiker
Airman Basic

Gns530 problem setting flight plan

Post by Rbisiker »

Managed to install the 530 onto the commanche which mirrors my real world scenario. Really looking forward to practicing flight plans combined with Vatsim real at c support.... But the 530 has little to no functionality.
Really disappointed when I seen so close to perfect sim experience.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Gns530 problem setting flight plan

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello and welcome to the A2A forums.

Are you referring to one of the third-party GPS option? (i.e. the RealityXP or Flight1 Garmin GNS 530 simulation). Or are you using the default GPS gauge?

In either case, the more info you can give on your setup, the better able we are to point you in the right direction.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Rbisiker
Airman Basic

Post by Rbisiker »

I don't Mind any 530 option. If you can tell me how to set one up, I'll be b happy.
Cheers
Rich

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Rich,

What I'm getting at, is have you already purchased one of the third-party GNS products I mentioned above? You mention "install(ing) the 530".

Also, which host sim are you using?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Rbisiker
Airman Basic

Post by Rbisiker »

Ok. Perhaps I haven’t bought the whole thing yet.
I have FSX with the 2 updates.
I followed the advice online to go to the a2a tools configuration and run as administrator and selected the “Reality XP” and 530.
And it does visually appear correct in the plane but it won’t turn on, even if I click on it a black window box opens but nothing in it.
I then tried again using the “mindstar 530” option, but the 430 box appears in the plane.
The default setting gives me the 400 model.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the clarification Rich.

The standard FSX GPS gauges can be used if you select the "default" option in the aircraft configurator. These are the GNS 400 and GPSMAP 295.

However, the RealityXP GNS 530 is a high-fidelity third party simulation of the GPS based on Garmin's own trainer software. It's available on their site here.

If you prefer not to purchase this add-on, you should stick with one of the default GPS options.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Rbisiker
Airman Basic

Post by Rbisiker »

many thanks Nick this looks like the missing piece to my jigsaw I'll let you know how I get on once I've downloaded and installed everything.
thanks again

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome Rich. Please don't hesitate to drop us a line if you have any more question. You can also find the very helpful support forum for RealityXP here.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Rbisiker
Airman Basic

Post by Rbisiker »

Well, they say success is sweeter the harder you have to work for it... and the Garmin download and set up didn’t go without hiccups. However, done now and I am like a kid again in a sweetshop. Now I have a realistic Copy sim experience of my N84VK paint and Garmin Comanche. I can practice safely as the plane is new to me, and in lockdown I’m not getting the opportunity to put the hours in. Thank you for your help, very generous.
Cheers... have fun flying and stay safe.
Rich.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for posting back with the update Rich. Good to hear you're up and running and hope you enjoy your flights too, both virtual and the real ones.

All the best,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”