Major Glitch, I can't deal with it!

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Great Ozzie
A2A Test Pilot

Re: Major Glitch, I can't deal with it!

Post by Great Ozzie »

I wondered about that too Lewis...

You can hear what sounds like a mike being keyed... wondering what program that was.
Rob Osborne
Flight Instructor - CFI, CFII, MEI, MEII
A & P Mechanic

FAASTeam - Safer Skies Through Education
Professionalism in aviation is the pursuit of excellence through discipline, ethical behavior and continuous improvement. NBAA

FlightPassion
Airman

Post by FlightPassion »

Ok, so I did a complete reinstall, deleting remaining folders this time.
I'm mid-flight now, flying around Norfolk, UK, and around Southwold, and have had no problem, hopefully this isn't a one-off. I will let you know if it happens again.
My God it is fun to finally fly it again!
Many Thanks,
Oli

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Good to hear, the issue you encountered is super rare so I wouldn't expect it to show up again.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

I am wondering what you are using for a controller? I noticed two things in the video. It appears the you do not have enough up elevator. It also looks like in one brief clip you are giving right aleron and the outside view shows the airplane in left aleron. On the ground with the engine off do the control surfaces appear to respond correctly to inputs from your controller and do they have plenty of throw? Does this seem to change in the air? Sorry but it looks like I was doing this post after the fact.
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

FlightPassion
Airman

Post by FlightPassion »

It was nothing to do with my controller (Saitek Pro Flight Yoke and Rudder Pedals, and two throttle quadrants), you can see me flickerting the controls about when I look left. I have almost no control of the aircraft.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

FlightPassion wrote:It was nothing to do with my controller (Saitek Pro Flight Yoke and Rudder Pedals, and two throttle quadrants), you can see me flickerting the controls about when I look left. I have almost no control of the aircraft.
What you say above would actually point to a control issue, and be worth checking out if it occurs again esp for double mapped axis if you have no control. Easiest way to check for such things to start at zero, just keyboard and mouse plugged in and work up from there.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Lewis - A2A wrote:What you say above would actually point to a control issue, and be worth checking out if it occurs again esp for double mapped axis if you have no control. Easiest way to check for such things to start at zero, just keyboard and mouse plugged in and work up from there.
Just to back-up the OP, I'm pretty sure that this issue is nothing to do with controllers Lewis. The video linked in the first post mirrors my experiences of this exactly (albeit rather fleeting ones) . As you can see from the first few seconds of the vid, the aircraft defies the law of physics entirely. In fact, it appears to have been possessed... By the spirit of a mischievous helicopter! :mrgreen:

It's an odd one for sure. :? If it happens to me again and I can contribute any useful info, I'll let you guys know...

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

FlightPassion
Airman

Post by FlightPassion »

Yeah, like Nick said, this was nothing to do with my controls. When working normally, I can control the aircraft just fine, and it's a joy to fly!

Many Thanks,
Oli

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello chaps,

Since last posting I've encountered this issue again and can confirm that it does seem to be dependent on the presence of the FSUIPC module. I saved the flight when this odd phenomenon occurred and by loading this flight and then reloading it, I'm able to reproduce the issue consistently. However, if I do the same thing with the FSUIPC4.DLL disabled (i.e. moved to a new folder elsewhere) the problem does not occur.

Oskar - I've put the saved flight in question in a zip file here if you (or any other A2A testers who use FSUIPC) are interested in trying to reproduce this. However, as mentioned it only seems to occur if I load the flight two or more times. :?

I should add it doesn't present a serious issue for me: I just mention it in case it's helpful in reproducing/isolating the behaviour. I use FSX Acceleration by the way and just the default scenery for TNCM which is where the flight loads.

Cheers,
Nick

P.S. Be aware: if the issue is successfully reproduced by loading this flight twice, it's almost inevitable that you'll crash your Comanche so be ready to hit pause! :wink:
A2A Simulations Inc.

FlightPassion
Airman

Post by FlightPassion »

Guys, it's happening again :(

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Oli,

Can you see if you can confirm my finding above by trying to temporarily eliminate FSUIPC from the equation?

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

FlightPassion
Airman

Post by FlightPassion »

Hi,

Tried the FSUIPC thing, as far as I can see, you are right, FSUIPC causes it. But I can't fly without FSUIPC, I'd rather keep that than the comanche. So... Any ideas?
I have a feeling it is to do with ASN, when I started ASN, the comanche wiggled a bit. Then the issue occurred again.

Many Thanks,
Oli

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Oli - I don't have ASN so I don't think it's related to the issue as such. However, I wonder if it's something to do with the act of opening another window or software interface: in short anything else which is involved in the FSX/FSUIPC/Simconnect relationship. With any luck the A2A guys will be able to reproduce this curious behaviour using the file I linked above.

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

FlightPassion
Airman

Post by FlightPassion »

Hi,
Yeah, agreed.
For now I guess I'll just have to wait, I'll try now and again to see if I get lucky.

Many Thanks,
Oli

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Oli, would you be able to send me the files from your flight which are affected so I can see if the same thing happens with my setup? Basically, it's the *.FLT, *.FSSAVE and *.WX files from your My Documents\Flight Simulator X Files folder? If so drop me a PM and I'll let you know the email address, or you could just stick them on Dropbox or any other file sharing service you use.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”