Major Glitch, I can't deal with it!

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
FlightPassion
Airman

Re: Major Glitch, I can't deal with it!

Post by FlightPassion »

Hi all,

A Massive thank you to Nick!!! I would have never stood a chance of finding the issue without you!

With the spoiler inc section deleted, will this have any effects on the sim? Could I still use the Spoiler toggle in FSUIPC?
I tried it, and set Spoilers inc to a button, and up I went.

Many Thanks,
Oli

ps; Where can I find the FSUIPC.ini file?
Last edited by FlightPassion on 16 Oct 2015, 10:41, edited 2 times in total.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Great catch Nick.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Oli - glad I could help. :)

In the tests I did, it was only the "Spoiler Inc" action that caused a problem. You should be able to use the "Spoiler Toggle" action in FSUIPC without any problem, presumably because it's a default FS command which the A2A coders have somehow inhibited from being activated 'accidentally' (I guess they use it for something like the tie-downs or maybe it's a way of enhancing the stall behaviour?)

The "Spoiler Inc" function is (I think) a custom FSUIPC command that works through a data 'offset' or something so bypasses this process (still learning about FSUIPC myself! :wink: ). It allows gradual deployment of the spoiler with a keystroke/button press so if you do want to do this for a specific aircraft, I think you'd need to create a profile so the action affected only the aircraft in question.

The FSUIPC.ini file is in the 'Modules' directory in FSX which is where the DLL itself lives too.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

FlightPassion
Airman

Post by FlightPassion »

Hi again,

Thanks for that info, I assume it is just the section you posted that I delete (Backing up of course).

Many thanks,
Oli

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Oli, it's likely your FSUIPC.ini file has some slightly different entries that are causing the issue (mine was specifically related to an axis setting I added for the Majestic Software Q400). If you like, copy and paste the contents of the file as text here (or upload a copy to Dropbox) and I'll take a quick look...

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

FlightPassion
Airman

Post by FlightPassion »

Hi, I am still unable to find an FSUIPC.ini file. Is it the one that says 'Configuration Settings'?

Many Thanks,
Oli

impearse
Airman Basic

Post by impearse »

FSUIPC.ini is in the MODULES folder in FSX.

FlightPassion
Airman

Post by FlightPassion »

Got it, was looking at it the whole time, it did not say .ini ubtil I realised it was in Properties. Anyway. Here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0lrloibdux7y8 ... 4.ini?dl=0
I'm not fussed if I delete the Spoilers inc, I don't use it, I have a spoilers axis anyway. Noyt with the PA-24 obviously, but for other aircraft.
Many Thanks,
Oli

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Oli,

Deleting "Spoilers Inc" would definitely be good, but it doesn't look like it's currently in your FSUIPC.ini anyway. This was really just something that I found which could be used as a test to easily replicate the issue.

Instead, I suspect it's the spoiler axis calibration which is somehow causing the issue (as it was for me). I'd suggest creating a new joystick calibration profile for the Comanche (as I see you have done for some other aircraft) and make sure it doesn't have a spoiler entry. In other words, the line...

Code: Select all

Spoilers=-16383,16384/24
...(or similar) should be absent from your newly created "[JoystickCalibration.Comanche]" section.

Not sure this'll work by any means, but worth a try perhaps... :)
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

FlightPassion
Airman

Post by FlightPassion »

Hi,

I found a Spoilers Arm button universally assigned to a button, cleared that.

Many Thanks,
Oli

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Oli - not sure if that's likely to be related to the issue; possibly not as it's basically a default FSX function. However, I'll test it myself later when I get a few minutes...

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

FlightPassion
Airman

Post by FlightPassion »

Guys, it's happening again, this time I can't stop it. I don't have any spoilers axis assigned.
Please help.

Many Thanks,
Oli

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hey Oli,

I'd guess there may be some sort of latent spoiler calibration line still lurking in your FSUIPC.ini. Did you try what I suggested two posts before this one: i.e. creating a new joystick calibration profile for the Comanche?

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Post by Al FR-153 »

My turn for yapping..... Checking through FSUIPC4, I cannot find an instruction for Spoilers Inc (incremental). There are four for arming, two for on/off (alone), one for set and one for toggle, but, none for inc (incremental). Could it be that somewhere along the line, someone came up with a code that doesn't exist? I am going to research some more, but for right now....no can find.
Al Heline

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Al,

Which version of FSUIPC4 do you have? Those commands are definitely there in my installation and they can be used to reproduce the problem consistently, hence my hypothesis that it's linked in some way to the spoiler activation. There's some discussion of 'Spoiler Inc' and 'Spoiler Dec' in this thread on Pete Dowson's forum.

However, this doesn't mean these specific commands are what is causing the issue in Oli's case. In my case it was a 'left over' spoiler calibration setting that seemed to trigger the issue as described previously. Since removing it, it hasn't reoccured.

I guess it's only the A2A coders who can give a proper insight into what's going on here. I'm just going on observations; not any knowledge of what the code is doing.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”