Major Glitch, I can't deal with it!

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
FlightPassion
Airman

Re: Major Glitch, I can't deal with it!

Post by FlightPassion »

Hi Nick,

Creating a new profile for the Comanche seems to solve the problem for the first flight I take, but then it just starts happening again. It is a temporary fix that lasts for one flight. There are no spoiler axis active on it. I noticed however when deleting it's old profile, the problem occurs straight away, but when you then assign it to a new profile the problem stops for that flight. I am lucky enough to fly other A2A aircraft at the sim I am developing at my local airfield (Seething), but I am still getting a little tired of this issue.

Many Thanks,
Oli

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Oli,

If you re-upload your current FSUIPC.ini I'll take a quick look when I get a few moments. One thing I've just noticed about your previous one is that you had one of the A2A Comanche liveries (N8665R) assigned to a different "PA-44" profile for some reason. Is there a specific livery in which you see this problem?

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Post by Al FR-153 »

Nick M wrote:Hi Al,

Which version of FSUIPC4 do you have? Those commands are definitely there in my installation and they can be used to reproduce the problem consistently, hence my hypothesis that it's linked in some way to the spoiler activation. There's some discussion of 'Spoiler Inc' and 'Spoiler Dec' in this thread on Pete Dowson's forum.
Cheers,
Nick
Running 4.947c Nick..... Inc and Dec do not show in the 'List Of FSX and P3D Controls' pdf listing. Find the reference to them on Pete's forum interesting.

Don't want to muddy the water, will read the mail.

Al
Al Heline

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Al FR-153 wrote:Inc and Dec do not show in the 'List Of FSX and P3D Controls' pdf listing.
No, I think that's because they're not standard FSX/P3D controls Al; in other words, they're only available through FSUIPC. For further info see p.8 of the "FSUIPC4 for Advanced Users.pdf". (There's a full listing of these 'extra' controls on p.30.)

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey Oli,

given the issue is FSUIPC what about not using it and using one of the other options?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

FlightPassion
Airman

Post by FlightPassion »

Hi all,

Here is my FSUIPC.ini file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/477nfdycoja3m ... 4.ini?dl=0
There is little change.

The other livery was accidently assigned to a PA-44 profile instead of a PA-24 profile. That has nothing to do with it anyway. The problem occurs with each and every livery. (The one I usually use is an Addon livery - G-KSVB)

I am afraid not using FSUIPC is out of the question. I use it to fly many aircraft in ways that default FSX cannot do, therefore I cannot sacrifice it just for the Comanche. I was considering swapping to the Cherokee, but I don't want the issue to return with that, also I would not do that unless I was 100% sure there was no fix. There is always hope!

Many Thanks,
Oli

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Oli,

I've taken a quick look through your FSUIPC4.ini file and there's not a profile specific joystick calibration section for the Comanche as I suggested you create previously. There's also a line in the main "[JoystickCalibration]" section which I suspect may be causing this issue...

Code: Select all

Spoilers=-16383,16384/24
I did recommend earlier to make sure this line isn't present, and though obviously I can't be certain it's causing your problem, I think it's a possible culprit based on my own experience.

I've taken the liberty of editing your own FSUIPC4.in file by creating a new joystick calibration profile ("A2A PA-24" to replace your "Com again." profile) for the Comanche with the potentially offending line removed (as well as some other redundant axis calibration entries).

Please try downloading the edited file from this link and using it to replace your existing FSUIPC4.ini file (obviously I haven't changed any other entries). Please let me know if it improves the situation or if it creates any errors/issues, as I can't test it on my own PC with my different hardware. I've also added all the stock A2A liveries to the new profile.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

FlightPassion
Airman

Post by FlightPassion »

Hi Nick,

Thanks again for helping. I tried the edited FSUIPC.ini you gave me. I didn't get an issue. But I cannot be sure as of yet. So I will let you know if things work or not asap.

Many Thanks,
Oli

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, cheers Oli. Yeah, I'll be interested to hear if the edited .ini file resolves the problem for you once you've had the opportunity to test it for a while.

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”