Comanche gear problem

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
piperpilot
Airman

Comanche gear problem

Post by piperpilot »

HI,

just got the Comanche, and taken it up for a ride around the airport. I have FSX, Win7pro, and the Saitek panel to operate the gear; but unable to raise the landing gear. Can someone suggest a solution please?

piperpilot

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Comanche gear problem

Post by Tug002 »

Hey there piperpilot, just a thought but did you check your breakers. One may have popped on you. Oh yes, make sure that you have the most recent update applied to the aircraft in question.
Keep smiling
Tug :)

piperpilot
Airman

Post by piperpilot »

Hello TUG

where would i find an update? Having just installed the comanche i would think it would be up to date??

BPL
Staff Sergeant

Post by BPL »

Hi, piperpilot,

I don't have the Saitek panel, but here's my guess as to why it's not working to raise the gear in the Comanche.

The Comanche has a three-position landing gear switch located just below the throttle. The three positions are "UP," "OFF," and "DOWN." To raise the gear, move the switch to the "UP" position; to lower the gear, move it to the "DOWN" position. Once the gear is safely raised or lowered (indicated by the orange and green lights next to the switch), you can set the switch to the "OFF" position. If I remember correctly, setting the switch to the "OFF" position prevents the gear motor from continuing to run in the unlikely event that it should malfunction. Thus, as I understand it, setting the switch to the "OFF" position is more precautionary than anything else. I don't think it's necessary to use the "OFF" position; you can just set the switch to "UP" or "DOWN" and leave it there for simplicity's sake if you like. (Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about this.)

My guess is that, since the gear lever on the Saitek panel presumably has only two positions ("up" and "down"), it may not be working with the Comanche's three-position landing gear switch. Try the following to see if it fixes your problem. Go to "All Programs" in your Start menu and look under "A2A Simulations" and "Accu-Sim Comanche 250." Open the "Comanche Input Configurator." In the list of functions, look for "Gear Up." Make sure the lever on your Saitek panel is in the down position. Double click on "Gear Up" in the Input Configurator, and, when the "Assignment" box opens, move the lever on your Saitek panel to the up position. This should assign it as a shortcut for the "Gear Up" function. Click "OK." Now, find the function "Gear Down" in the list. Double click it, and, when the box opens, move the lever on your Saitek panel to the down position. That should now be assigned as a shortcut for the "Gear Down" function. Click "OK," then click "Save and Update FSX." I think that may solve your problem and enable you to use the lever on the Saitek panel to raise and lower the gear.

Here's the latest Accu-Sim update: http://www.a2asimulations.com/downloads ... _03_15.zip. I believe you always need to run the updater with a new installation, and be sure to check back from time to time for new updates at this link: http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=41279.

Hope that helps! :)

piperpilot
Airman

Post by piperpilot »

Many thanks BPL!!

Yesterday i "discovered" that the gear switch is a 3-way one; using the G key to extend and retract the gear. So will have to see if I can make the fix using your instructions! If I can't, maybe next time you pass Henderson you can stop by!!

piperpilot

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

You can also use the input configurator found in the START MENU / A2A / FSX / Comanche 250 folder, and make it avoid the center / neutral position.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

piperpilot
Airman

Post by piperpilot »

Thanks! I did this today, and all's good!

BPL
Staff Sergeant

Post by BPL »

piperpilot wrote:Thanks! I did this today, and all's good!
Good to hear! Happy flying! :D

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”