Comanche INOP

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
sparsell
Airman Basic

Comanche INOP

Post by sparsell »

After spending an entire day trying to get the GNS650 working with either F1 or RXP. I finally got it to display. Last problem to solve is the Nav select switch. Unable to get it to display GPS only INOP. Anyone know the trick to solve this? From what I can determine CDI and Glide scope stay offline.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Comanche INOP

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello sparsell and welcome,

If you're using a third-party Garmin GPS, the NAV/GPS switch on the panel is indeed inoperative hence the label. Instead, this function is controlled by the CDI button/clickspot on the GPS bezel/screen itself.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

sparsell
Airman Basic

Post by sparsell »

So the glide slope indicator will never work with GPS GNS650?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

The glide slope indicator should work fine, it's just that the source (GPS or ground-based NAV) is toggled via the button/screen on the GPS itself, not the switch on the panel.

If you can let us know exactly which product you're using (RXP or F1) it may be easier to offer advice. There's actually no "GNS650": it's GTN 650 (with the touchscreen) or GNS 430 or 530 (with buttons).

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

sparsell
Airman Basic

Post by sparsell »

Actually I purchased both trying to get either one to work. I think F1 is loaded now, seams to work better.
Sorry got my Garmin alphabet wrong. I have a GNX 375 in my Comanche. Not sure what your toggling to go from VOR Nav to Gps. Mine has the switch just like your Sim.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

sparsell wrote: 10 Mar 2020, 14:20 Not sure what your toggling to go from VOR Nav to Gps. Mine has the switch just like your Sim.
As mentioned, it'll depend on whether you have a simulated GNS or GTN installed sparsell. If it's the GNS 430W or 530W, you need to use the button marked "CDI" which is on the left of the row of buttons below the screen. If using a touchscreen GTN 650 or 750 instead, the CDI mode is toggled via an icon at the bottom of the screen when in MAP mode.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

sparsell
Airman Basic

Post by sparsell »

Sorry for the delay. I tried what you described and the HSI works. Thanks for the solution!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome and thanks for posting back with the update.

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”