Engine Start Problem with P3Dv5

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
GlenC
Airman

Engine Start Problem with P3Dv5

Post by GlenC »

Just like to report a problem I'm having starting the Comanche and Cherokee in P3Dv5.

I appreciate the V5 Installers are not released yet. but I have transferred my A2A folder from P3Dv4.5 to V5 as described by Nick in the Pilots Lounge. The start problem appears to be intermittent as I have managed to operate both aircraft successfully within V5.

The problem is when I press the start button the Propeller fails to turn and it sounds like I have a very noisy GPU in the other seat.

Glen

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Engine Start Problem with P3Dv5

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Glen and welcome.

We haven't been able to reproduce any issues along these lines yet, although a few customers are reporting problems with engine start.

Please can you confirm whether you've modified the default scenario in P3Dv5, and also whether you still have P3Dv4 still installed on your system?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

GlenC
Airman

Post by GlenC »

Only additions I have are Orbx scenery Global Base Pack, Global openLC Europe and EU England otherwise vanilla P3Dv5.

I have also installed the Flight 1 GTN750 but the problem occurred prior to this installation.

I do have P3D v4.5 still installed.

GlenC
Airman

Post by GlenC »

Sorry Nick just noticed what you was asking - I load the default scenario then change to either the Comanche or Cherokee, change the airfield to Blackbushe EGLK then load.

FreeBird
Airman First Class

Post by FreeBird »

Same issue here but not as bad as the Bonanza. Usually on a reload of the a2a planes except the V35 usually can get them up to fly. I can turn the starter switch to start and nothing. I have to Press Ctrl E to start it. I don't have these issue in V4.5 but I have noticed that V4.5 A2a planes sometime get effected by this behavior of V5 after having a issue.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

FreeBird wrote: 19 Apr 2020, 16:02 Same issue here but not as bad as the Bonanza. Usually on a reload of the a2a planes except the V35 usually can get them up to fly. I can turn the starter switch to start and nothing. I have to Press Ctrl E to start it. I don't have these issue in V4.5 but I have noticed that V4.5 A2a planes sometime get effected by this behavior of V5 after having a issue.
If Ctrl-E works then the issue I am afraid will be in the pilot as the Ctrl-E and auto start process simply got through the start up procedure. If Ctrl-E works then the aircraft can be started.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

GlenC wrote: 19 Apr 2020, 14:05 Sorry Nick just noticed what you was asking - I load the default scenario then change to either the Comanche or Cherokee, change the airfield to Blackbushe EGLK then load.
Can you try loading the sim up to the main menu and then select your aircraft and your airport and then clock OK so it loads up the new flight.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

GlenC
Airman

Post by GlenC »

Hi Lewis if you mean the start up screen with the F-35A turning slowly in the Vehicle box and Randolph AFB as the location - that's what I am doing.

Previously I loaded P3Dv5 to the above menu, then selected the Comanche and Southampton EGHI when the aircraft loaded I selected Ctrl - E for an auto start and got the same result, no engine turnover and a very loud GPU type noise. I tried it again later after reloading P3Dv5 and got a normal start, as I said in my original post this seems to be intermittent - I go through the same sequence every time ?

FreeBird
Airman First Class

Post by FreeBird »

I found starting a a2a plane after you started the flight fixed my issue with A2A planes So I load up the flight and start it with the F35 and then change to A2A. If i chose a a2a in the startup screen and then start the flight my A2As will not start.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Glen/Josh,

Please can you chaps have a look at the info here and see if it's any help.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

GlenC
Airman

Post by GlenC »

Nick

I have just changed the default aircraft to the Maule M7 260C. After doing this I closed down P3Dv5 and after a few minutes loaded it again and the Maule was there as the default start up aircraft. I then loaded the Comanche and Blackbushe then loaded the flight - unfortunately on my very first engine start after doing this the prop turned once then failed, although I didn't get the loud 'GPU type' noise this time.

Just gone to the Hangar and it says I have a fuel leak

Glen

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Glen,

Might be worth starting with a fresh copy of the log.dat file in that case. Just in case your current version has become corrupted. To do this, back up and then delete the "v2_Comanche250Log.dat" file in "Documents\A2A\FSX\Comanche250".

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

GlenC
Airman

Post by GlenC »

Sorry Nick that didn't work either, I renamed the file to v2_Comanche250Log.olddat. Rebooted P3Dv5 and started with the Maule

This time the engine turned over a couple of times then stopped with the loud engine noise again. When I looked in the hangar it showed a fuel leak and wouldn't repair although I had some other engine faults and they repaired ok

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey Glen,

when it happens next can you select Vehicle from the top menu and then select a different livery for the comanche.

For me so far whilst we test and track the v5 start bug this reload has solved the issue and things seem to load in ok and engine start OK etc.

thanks,
Lewis

GlenC
Airman

Post by GlenC »

Lewis

So far what you suggest has worked.

I have tried this three times now, rebooting my computer each time so nothing was left in memory. The first attempt using my preferred Comanche livery always fails, then I select another livery as you suggested and it starts normally.

Glen

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”