Dynamic Rain Effects Free Software

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
MACHAVIA
Airman First Class

Dynamic Rain Effects Free Software

Post by MACHAVIA »

Hello,

Could any one assist in installing and configuring the above which I downloaded recently, I printed the information version 19.8.0.20 / 20.4.0.20 and have read the contents but being pretty new to and not very knowledgeable in such matters am struggling to accomplish the recommendations.

I am P3D V4.5 so realise 19.8.0.20 is the file I need to use, but I am unclear how to find windshield.ini file and how or what i must do with that.Can anyone tell me how to locate the panel .cfg file I need to edit as well.

I posted on this forum as I assume this S/W only works on A2A A/C i have the rain effects OK on the Bonanza but would like to install it on the rest of my A2A fleet, the Comanche is one of those in the fleet on my system.

I run WIN 10 64 BIT
Any help much appreciated
Best Regards
Charlie McEwan
P3Dv4.5 / Win 10 64 BIT Intel (R) Core TMi7-8700K [email protected] nvidia geforce GTX1070Ti RAM16GB

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Dynamic Rain Effects Free Software

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Charlie,

As you're using P3Dv4.5 the A2A aircraft installers (including the Comanche) should update the product with the windshield rain effects. If they're not, make sure that you have the latest version of the installer and that your PC is connected to the internet when you run them.

As mentioned in the readme, the standalone package which you downloaded is for use by aircraft developers.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

MACHAVIA
Airman First Class

Post by MACHAVIA »

Hi Nick,

Opps sorry, I thought the DRE was for the general community in order to make the other A2A Fleet A/C the same as the Bonanza, my error and so sorry to waste your time.

Sorry for another stupid question how do I check or verify I have the latest installers, I do have the new type which I access in the start menu (Win 10) then click on the cloud looking icon I have the cofiguerators as well for each A/C I have ie Bonanza Cherokee Sky Hawk, Spitfire.

As I said earlier I seldom go on any forum as luckily my system works very well its only when I update that I seem to get involved in developers updates etc.

Any advice always appreciated
Best Regards
Charlie McEwan
P3Dv4.5 / Win 10 64 BIT Intel (R) Core TMi7-8700K [email protected] nvidia geforce GTX1070Ti RAM16GB

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

No worries Charlie.

If you have the cloud-shaped 'check for updates' icon in the start menu for each of your Accu-Sim aircraft, you do indeed have the latest installers. You can also tell because in the Windows list of installed programs, each Accu-Sim aircraft will show the A2A logo and the installed version number.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

MACHAVIA
Airman First Class

Post by MACHAVIA »

Yes Nick, I checked that and discovered the rain effects are present on the fleet.

Thank you so much I will revert back to my cave and try not to bother you guys.

All of you Stay Safe and hope we all come through this challenging time.
Best Regards
Charlie McEwan

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome Charlie - if you ever need help or to ask a question, please don't hesitate to post.

Thanks, and take care of yourself too.
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Savino
Airman Basic

Post by Savino »

Sorry but in file pdf there is write: "The A2A_Windshield.dll file should be placed in the aircraft’s panel folder. Two version of this gauge are
provided: v19.8.0.20 uses DirectX 11 APIs and should be included with Prepar3D v4 add-ons, and v20.4.0.20
uses DirectX 12 APIs and should be used for Prepar3D v5 aircraft."

Now I don't see A2A_windshield.dll in file zip.
Where I found it?

In file zip there is only windshield.dll

Thanks very much

Savino Pepe

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Savino,

If I recall correctly the name of the module was changed at some point, and looks like the readme wasn't updated to reflect that. Anyway, it's the same module, with DX 11 and DX 12 versions.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Savino
Airman Basic

Post by Savino »

Thank you very much, you are always very kind

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome! :)

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Chrismot
Airman Basic

Post by Chrismot »

Hello,

I am in the process of installing this effect on one of my planes which is a "Single Engine Prop" . But, during the rpm rise, the wind effect caused by the propeller doesn't make the drops move... What is the basis of this rain effect to determine that it is indeed a single engine prop, and that the rpm are high...?

Thank you for your help...!

Chris
Chris
Designer - Developer
Page Facebook SwissMilSim - YouTube SwissMilSim

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Chris,

The "engineRpmScalar=" in the WIndshield.ini file is used to control the droplet motion due to propwash. It may be worth clarifying that this module allows the developers of add-on software to add the dynamic rain effect. It's not intended to be used to add rain to default P3Dv4 aircraft, or any other add-ons you may have downloaded.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Chrismot
Airman Basic

Post by Chrismot »

Hello Nick,

For information, I am the developer of the small company SwissMilSim (https://swissmilsim.ch/)... And I've already used your Dynamic Rain Effect on our Vampire DH-100. Today, I'm installing it on our Morane D-3801 which has a propeller... But nothing to do: I can't get the A2A drops to move...! EngineRpmScalar=2, up to 5... and no movement!

But when the plane picks up speed, everything is OK, and the drops go backwards...

Chris
Chris
Designer - Developer

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the clarification Chris. We always check, as a few people misunderstand and think the Windshield.dll can just be dropped in for any aircraft.

Please could you post the contents of the Windshield.ini file you're using so we can take a look.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Chrismot
Airman Basic

Post by Chrismot »

Here are the contents of my Windshield.ini file:

Code: Select all

[Window]
x=850
y=30
w=310
h=408
wX=0
wY=1.0
gX=0
gY=-0.7
scale=0.9
engineRpmScalar=2.0

[Window]
x=802
y=512
w=418
h=702
wX=0
wY=1.0
gX=0.7
gY=0
scale=0.6	
gravityYsymmetry=true

[Window]
x=500
y=50
w=350
h=434
wX=0
wY=1
gX=-0.7
gY=-0.7
scale=0.6

[Window]
x=1152
y=48
w=350
h=434
wX=0
wY=1
gX=0.7
gY=-0.7
scale=0.6

[Window]
x=1216
y=510
w=304
h=774
wX=0
wY=1
gX=0.7
gY=0
scale=0.6

[Window]
x=516
y=508
w=292
h=782
wX=0
wY=1
gX=-0.7
gY=0
scale=0.6

[Window]
x=502
y=1342
w=294
h=700
wX=0
wY=1
gX=-0.7
gY=0
scale=0.6

[Window]
x=1212
y=1344
w=294
h=700
wX=0
wY=1
gX=0.7
gY=0
scale=0.6
I also point out that my model is developed under Blender... I don't know if that makes a difference...!?

Chris
Chris
Designer - Developer

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”