Checklist Suggestion

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
[email protected]
Airman First Class

Checklist Suggestion

Post by [email protected] »

It would be nice if the A2A Gurus provided checklists for the planes other than what's in the manuals. Something similar to what would be used to fly the real planes that we can print out and use while flying the sim. I know they are in the sim by clicking the POH but a version that can be printed to practice usage like we would in a real plane would be nice and probably simple to do. Thank you.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Checklist Suggestion

Post by Paughco »

I made a kneeboard checklist for the Connie. Here is the link: viewtopic.php?f=133&t=58323&p=450779&hi ... st#p450779. You could do something similar for the Comanche.

Seeya
ATB

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Like Paughco says, DIY is the best option if you don’t like the format provided by A2A. A quick internet search turns up this: https://hariguchi.org/flying/download/c ... 24-250.pdf

I don’t have the Comanche so I can’t vouch for the accuracy of the above to the A2A Comanche, but I make my own checklists for all the A2A aircraft I have, starting with manuals and checklists I find online. Then I tailor them to the A2A aircraft, adding or dropping items as necessary.

[email protected]
Airman First Class

Thanks for the links gentlemen. I have made checklists and downloaded checklists but I would prefer to spend my time flying the planes. Since I consider the A2A planes premium products, I thought adding an extra document to the install would be nice and easy. The A2A manuals are a work of art and I know they would do a better job than I would creating a checklist. It also adds value to A2A planes by providing everything needed to fly like real life.

On another note, I noticed that carb heat is not listed in the descent portion of the checklists on the Pipers. The AOPA link below says Pipers don't require carb heat the same way Cessna's do. Personally I would prefer to error on the side of caution with low power settings. The Piper manual has a kind of wait til you have it approach which could be too late if in a go around situation. Just food for thought and discussion.

https://www.aopa.org/-/media/files/aopa ... s/sb09.pdf

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

[email protected] wrote: 04 Oct 2020, 09:15 Thanks for the links gentlemen. I have made checklists and downloaded checklists but I would prefer to spend my time flying the planes. Since I consider the A2A planes premium products, I thought adding an extra document to the install would be nice and easy. The A2A manuals are a work of art and I know they would do a better job than I would creating a checklist. It also adds value to A2A planes by providing everything needed to fly like real life.

On another note, I noticed that carb heat is not listed in the descent portion of the checklists on the Pipers. The AOPA link below says Pipers don't require carb heat the same way Cessna's do. Personally I would prefer to error on the side of caution with low power settings. The Piper manual has a kind of wait til you have it approach which could be too late if in a go around situation. Just food for thought and discussion.

https://www.aopa.org/-/media/files/aopa ... s/sb09.pdf
Lycoming makes the recommendation concerning the use of carb heat for their engines. The carb location on their engines differs from that on Continental engines and that location for the carb provides adequate heat. Also on some airplanes cowling design can be a factor concerning the use of carb heat. A2A has considered this when programming Lycoming engines.
Rarely in aviation is anything a solid rule for all engines.
Best not to second guess these things. Research is your best friend. :-)
Dudley Henriques

[email protected]
Airman First Class

Hey Dudley!
Thank you for the reply. I really like great explanations that are backed up by facts!
Mike Angelo

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”