DXGI_ERROR...crash

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
CajunRon
Airman

DXGI_ERROR...crash

Post by CajunRon »

I am getting a system crash in P3D V5 when I'm am flying the Comanche 250 in cloudy weather. The error states "This device (NVIDIA Geforce RTX 2080 SUPER) stopped working for the following reason: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG". It doesn't seem to occur in clear weather and it does not seem to occur with the A2A Bonanza 35 or the P3D default Mooney. I've seen this error once or twice before on my system but don't recall what I was doing when I got it. I have not done an exhaustive evaluation of all conditions necessary to get this error message (because my tired 70 year old brain is exhausted in constantly encountering problem after problem of ALL kinds in this hobby, trying to evaluate their cause, searching for fixes etc etc etc. I spend much more time doing this than in actually flying...if you are noticing frustation your are very astute)

I've got the lastest update for the Comanche 250 for P3D V5 and the latest update for P3D V5 itself.
The crash occurred both when I used P3D v5 to create the cloudy conditions and when I used Active Sky.
DXDIAG shows I've got DX12 installed and does not report any DirectX problems.

Just wondering if anyone has seen this before or have any ideas.

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Re: DXGI_ERROR...crash

Post by MkIV Hvd »

That's a known v5 issue that seems to affect some more than others, regardless of the video card in use.

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

CajunRon
Airman

Post by CajunRon »

Okay thanks. I did a key word search on DXGI and it didn't turn up anything. At least I know there's no point pulling my hair out trying to solve. I still have P3D V4.5 installed. I just installed the Comanche in it and it works fine so I've got that as an option.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Yes, as Rob mentions this seems to be a fairly common issue with the current public build of P3Dv5. Lots of mention of this error message on the Prepar3D forums for example.

With future releases of the platform, overall stability will no doubt be improved.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”