Help newbie with A2A Comanche250

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
[email protected]
Airman Basic

Help newbie with A2A Comanche250

Post by [email protected] »

Using registered FSUIPC, FSX and just purchased A2A Comanche250. Trying to figure out how to get the autopilot buttons in the Comanche cockpit (on the AC yoke) to work with button presses on my Siatek yoke. Created profile, have set several button assignments both through keypress and send to FSX...but I can't figure out the commands to work the buttons. The two buttons on the AC yoke are labeled AP disconnect and Altitude Eng/Disengage. They work with mouse pointer pushes...each time you push the AP dis button it cycles through the five modes of the S tec autopilot, and each press of the Altitude eng/diseng button obviously engages the alt hold or disengages. Pressing the mode select on the panel next to the HSI with the mouse pointer also cycles through the modes (except alt eng/dis). I can't find the correct FSX equivalent or anything in the FSUIPC options. I have tried setting keypress "cnt+T", and "cnt+H", and tried a couple FSUIPC send to FSX commands, but no luck.

Any ideas on how to set this up? Please keep steps really simple as I am not an "advanced" user! LOL
I also posted in the FSUIPC forums, but I am not a super techie when it comes to all this stuff. I can follow directions really well though!!!

Thanks,

Charles

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Help newbie with A2A Comanche250

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Charles and welcome to the A2A forums.

Have you discovered the Comanche Input Configurator' yet? This little application is available from the 'A2A Simulations' group in the Windows start menu and allow hardware and keyboard shortcuts to be assigned for various custom functions including autopilot modes.

One thing to keep in mind since you mention FSUIPC is that controllers must be globally enabled within FSX to use the input configurator.

Also, if you haven't already done so, please make sure you download and run the latest Accu-Sim update for FSX which can be downloaded here.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

[email protected]
Airman Basic

Re: Help newbie with A2A Comanche250

Post by [email protected] »

Nick, thank you very much.
I had read a little about the configurator, but assumed FSUIPC would be able to somehow handle a couple of buttons! So eventually figured out that some aircraft specific commands best handled via the configurator. Of course, took me 4 hours of searching forums to discover why I couldn't get it to work...have to DOUBLE CLICK the row! Wish it would have come with that simple instruction! Anyway, I have finally got all my buttons and levers set up to my liking...using all three "tools"...FSUIPC, the configurator, and FSX bindings.
Now I can get down to the FUN!!!
Don't know how I'd ever function in the computer age without these forums!!
Thanks again!
Charles

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”