Problem with throttle axis

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
JanF
Airman First Class

Problem with throttle axis

Post by JanF »

I have the Comanche used in P3D V5. I assign my axis with FSUIPC and it works with mixture on a CH Throttle quadrant and the propeller axis with my TM Hotas Warthog throttle. But the throttle on the warthog throttleaxis behaves erratic. At certain position it makes jumps and it does not move through its total range. But occasionally it can move throug its full range. The axis has been calibrated in FSUIPC. I have checked that there are no other control axis assigned to the throttle. After seeing this problem I loaded the Bonanza which I have assigned axis in the same way. Here I don't see the problem. Also my TM Hotas works with other sims so this problem seem specific to the A2A Comanche
EDIT I have noticed that in FSUIPC calibration I can see that the throttle value makes sudden jump to value zero (from normal negative values) which occurs close to idle. I suppose this is what causes the problem. Strange thing is that this only happens in the Comanche, so my hardware seem to function correctly.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Problem with throttle axis

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Jan,

Please can you confirm the exact throttle assignment you've assigned in FSUIPC, as there are various options such as "send direct to FSUIPC calibration" and "send to FS an normal axis", along with "throttle", "throttle1", etc.

If you're using "throttle1" rather than "throttle", this may be the culprit.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

JanF
Airman First Class

Post by JanF »

Nick - A2A wrote: 14 Jan 2021, 05:27 Hello Jan,

Please can you confirm the exact throttle assignment you've assigned in FSUIPC, as there are various options such as "send direct to FSUIPC calibration" and "send to FS an normal axis", along with "throttle", "throttle1", etc.

If you're using "throttle1" rather than "throttle", this may be the culprit.

Thanks,
Nick
I use "send direct to FSUIPC calibration" and "throttle" since there only are one although I tried with throttle1 also but that didn't change anything

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks Jan. I use exactly the same settings in FSUIPC6 without any problems, so it may be related to something in your FSUIPC.ini. Are you using an aircraft-specific profile for the Bonanza or any other planes?

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

JanF
Airman First Class

Post by JanF »

Nick - A2A wrote: 14 Jan 2021, 05:40 Okay, thanks Jan. I use exactly the same settings in FSUIPC6 without any problems, so it may be related to something in your FSUIPC.ini. Are you using an aircraft-specific profile for the Bonanza or any other planes?

Cheers,
Nick
Yes I use aircraft specific profiles for all my A2A planes

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks Jan - in that case, it's likely that the issue lies within your profile: for example a control conflict or something. If you kind identify the culprit, it may be best to remove your Comanche profile (not sure why I wrote "Bonanza" above; too much jumping between sub-forums perhaps!) and start it again from scratch.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

JanF
Airman First Class

Post by JanF »

Nick - A2A wrote: 14 Jan 2021, 08:41 Thanks Jan - in that case, it's likely that the issue lies within your profile: for example a control conflict or something. If you kind identify the culprit, it may be best to remove your Comanche profile (not sure why I wrote "Bonanza" above; too much jumping between sub-forums perhaps!) and start it again from scratch.

Cheers,
Nick
I suppose you mean to remove the Comanche specific entry in FSUIPC.ini. There I found this (see below) which I removed than reassigned the axises and for now it seem to be working although occasionally it could seem so before
Do you see something in the entry that does not seem right ?
[Profile.Comanche]
1=A2A Piper PA-24-250 Comanche N6229P

[Axes.Comanche]
RangeRepeatRate=10
0=0X,256,D,29,0,0,0 -{ DIRECT: CowlFlaps1 }-
1=0Y,256,D,30,0,0,0 -{ DIRECT: CowlFlaps2 }-
2=0U,256,D,6,0,0,0 -{ DIRECT: Mixture }-
3=1Z,256,D,3,0,0,0 -{ DIRECT: Rudder }-
4=2X,256,D,21,0,0,0 -{ DIRECT: ElevatorTrim }-
5=4X,256,D,1,0,0,0 -{ DIRECT: Aileron }-
6=4Y,256,D,2,0,0,0 -{ DIRECT: Elevator }-
7=5Y,256,D,4,0,0,0 -{ DIRECT: Throttle }-
8=5Z,180,D,4,0,0,0 -{ DIRECT: Throttle }-
9=5R,256,D,5,0,0,0 -{ DIRECT: PropPitch }-

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Jan,

Looks like there are two entries in that profile for "Direct: Throttle" which is probably the cause of the issue. I know the TM Warthog has a dual throttle, but if both of these physical axes are sending conflicting inputs to the same throttle function, this is likely to be the issue, particularly as the "delta" value is different (256 vs. 180).

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

JanF
Airman First Class

Post by JanF »

Nick - A2A wrote: 14 Jan 2021, 09:47 Hi Jan,

Looks like there are two entries in that profile for "Direct: Throttle" which is probably the cause of the issue. I know the TM Warthog has a dual throttle, but if both of these physical axes are sending conflicting inputs to the same throttle function, this is likely to be the issue, particularly as the "delta" value is different (256 vs. 180).

Cheers,
Nick
But I had the second throttle assigned as propeller

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

In the extract above Jan, you show two axes "Y" and "Z" which are both assigned to the throttle function.
JanF wrote: 14 Jan 2021, 09:17 7=5Y,256,D,4,0,0,0 -{ DIRECT: Throttle }-
8=5Z,180,D,4,0,0,0 -{ DIRECT: Throttle }-
I don't know how the axes on the Warthog throttle are named, but there seems to be some sort of conflict.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”