is this a vent for the fuel tanks?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
cessna lover

is this a vent for the fuel tanks?

Post by cessna lover »

Image every time i do my walk around i see this hole. now either a mouse got into my fuel tank or i got shot at when i went over west Virginia :lol: but see how unlike the Sky Lane and Sky Hawk that have the tank vent on the wing that's what im guessing these are for?

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: is this a vent for the fuel tanks?

Post by Scott - A2A »

I’ve never pulled out a tank to know how that is plumbed but as you fill the tank air is bled out that hole. So my guess is that allows the tank to be more fully filled by not trapping the air. This is just a guess.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

Scott - A2A wrote: 07 Jul 2021, 13:23 I’ve never pulled out a tank to know how that is plumbed but as you fill the tank air is bled out that hole. So my guess is that allows the tank to be more fully filled by not trapping the air. This is just a guess.

Scott
well that' a good guess. :D so i will take a guess at this to and say that's the same thing as the vent tubes for the Sky Lane your guess is as good as mine? lol

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Post by ratty »

The vent on the Skylane wing allows air into the tank as fuel is used, whereas if Scott's guess is correct (highly likely), that hole allows air out as fuel is added..

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Cessna Lover.
Scotts answer is correct , you will find a car has the same vents in the filler neck , for the same reason.
regards Alan. 8)

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

alan CXA651 wrote: 09 Jul 2021, 00:09 Hi Cessna Lover.
Scotts answer is correct , you will find a car has the same vents in the filler neck , for the same reason.
regards Alan. 8)
:D ok cool thank you Alan happy landings

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”