HELP-TAXI ISSUES in P3Dv5

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
wagster
Airman Basic

HELP-TAXI ISSUES in P3Dv5

Post by wagster »

Hello A2A,

I am reaching out with an issue I have tried troubleshooting, but can not correct. I have the following A2A aircraft installed in my P3Dv5 Sim: Cessna 182, Comanche 250, P-40 Warhawk, B-17, and the Piper Cub. I have had these aircraft and more in FSX: Steam and recently moved over to P3D. I am hoping to repurchase the C172 and P-51D soon. However, I have a problem when I begin moving. Any A2A aircraft I am in when I taxi the aircraft bounces, rocks back and forth, and hits the ground almost to the point that it is uncontrollable. When I go into the maintenance after taxiing 5 or 10 knots GS I have damaged gear struts or blown tires. I am a real world pilot and know an aircraft will bounce on rough taxiways but never to such an extreme extent. It occurs in all my A2A aircraft. I have P3Dv5.1 latest hotfix installed. Tried v5.2 and my system did not like it and wouldn't allow the sim to function well at all. So i went back to 5.1. All A2A aircraft have been installed with the latest installer and all updates completed. Below is a list of what I have tried to correct this problem:
-Turned off all motions in Effect Studio in EzDok
-Have uninstalled my Flightbeam airports (KDEN & KPHX) and attempted to taxi at default airports as well, with no luck. Problem persists.
-Tried every Tesselation setting and Mesh and Texture Resolution settings in my P3D World Settings.
-Taxiing in a default aircraft at default airport, still happens but didn't have this issue until installing the A2A aircraft.

These few Items I have tried and have had no luck. Anytime I taxi the aircraft it bounces horribly, rocking, and damages the gear on pavement while taxiing even at Groundspeeds of 5-10 KTS. If A2A can help that would be great, otherwise anyone else out there know how to fix this issue when taxiing in P3Dv5? I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks,
William

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: HELP-TAXI ISSUES in P3Dv5

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I dont have P3D , so not 100% sure , but i believe its a fault in P3Dv5 ground friction , i still use FSXA , i think its been reported before in this forum , try searching P3D ground friction.
regards Alan. 8)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

quick couple of thoughts to try first from your description;

Can you please try with Ezdok not installed/enabled altogether.

And second and this is most likely the cause, do you use FSUIPC for control mapping or have it installed at all as it sounds like your spoilers are being triggered and playing havoc with the flight physics.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

wagster
Airman Basic

Post by wagster »

I don't have a registered version of FSUIPC installed, just the free version so P3D can communicate with the ACARS client for my virtual airline, and that is the only reason I have it, never map my controls to it. So I tried disabling EzDok and problem was solved. I really like EzDok and don't want to not use it so I did more troubleshooting with EzDok directly. I found it had to do with the Effect Studio, there are settings for the ground surface whether its soft, rigid, or water. Turns out these settings do not mix with P3Dv5 Ground Friction. I am able to use ezdok as long as those settings in the effect studio are all 0.00. Not sure why I didn't see this with my PMDG, FSLabs A320, or Aerosoft CRJ. This is why I thought there was maybe something with an A2A aircraft, and I thought the Ezdok effect studio only affected the camera from the cockpit, not outside too. The problem is solved and I can continue to enjoy my A2A aircraft now. I own nearly all of them for FSX, but slowly transitioning to P3D. A2A is by far the greatest addon aircraft to fly in the sim. Thank you A2A for making such an amazing product, can't wait to see what you do next.

Thanks,
William

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Good to hear and thanks William for the good words.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Aye that is good to hear indeed and yes Ezdok does have a few physics changing bits but from memory as you discovered they are all optional and can be turned on and off etc as needed. Ill admit its been a while since I looked.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”