Baggage door

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
ratty
Technical Sergeant

Baggage door

Post by ratty »

As part of the walk round that I perform before every flight I check the security of the baggage door. It seems I often find it unlocked. In real life, I'm very good at key and lock discipline, and it deeply disturbs me when I find the door unlocked so frequently. Is there any way to change how often it's unlocked to something like almost never?

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Baggage door

Post by Paughco »

I check the baggage door on my Comanche (or Bonanza when I'm getting ready to fly that) during every pre-flight, which I do before every flight. I find the baggage door unlocked about half the time. I wonder: what would happen if I didn't lock it? Would it come open? Or would it make a horrendous wind noise during flight?

Seeya
ATB

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Why not think of it as finishing up putting things into the baggage compartment which you may or may not do on every flight? I do not believe any "consequences" are simulated for leaving the baggage door unlocked as it is.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Post by ratty »

Oracle427 wrote: 28 Feb 2022, 09:05 Why not think of it as finishing up putting things into the baggage compartment which you may or may not do on every flight? I do not believe any "consequences" are simulated for leaving the baggage door unlocked as it is.
Thank you! That actually helps. :D

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”