Control settings

Lower weight plus greater power = higher performance
new reply
THibben
Staff Sergeant

Control settings

Post by THibben »

I tried a different P51-H aircraft and my throttle, pitch and mixture settings didn't carry over to it. Is this the way it is supposed to work?

Thanks,

Tom

lucas
Staff Sergeant

Re: Control settings

Post by lucas »

Hello,

take off should be pretty similar to the D version. Set a 6 degrees trim to the right on your rudder, set her a little bit heavy to the nose 1-2 degrees. Then set the propeller pitch lever to 100% and lower the flaps by one notch. When taking off you should slowly increase the throttle. This plane is so powerful that you do not have to take off with full power. Just set a manifold pressure to 40-50" and that's enough. The mixture lever is in the center, a little bit to the left from the fuel selector, below the instrument panel. It is a small lever. Set it to 80%.

After the take off, you may wish to reduce throttle to achieve around 40" of manifold pressure and reduce the engine RPM's (prop pitch lever) from 3000 to around 2400-2500.

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

I think what Tom is saying is that the axis assignments didn't carry over from one paint to another.
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

lucas
Staff Sergeant

Post by lucas »

Tom, sorry for misunderstanding (thanks, Alan!)
Just checked the P-51H on my PC. First, I checked the plane when standing on ground, then in the air. The mixture axis, propeller axis and throttle axis remained on the same position.

How about jumping from P-51H to some other FSX plane (stock Maule for example) to see if the problem still exists ?

By the way: just a small hint - the plane is using stock FSX battery which can be emptied in a couple of minutes. Every time you start the P-51H, I'd suggest to grab a fresh one from the FSX plane menu.

THibben
Staff Sergeant

Post by THibben »

lucas wrote:Tom, sorry for misunderstanding (thanks, Alan!)
Just checked the P-51H on my PC. First, I checked the plane when standing on ground, then in the air. The mixture axis, propeller axis and throttle axis remained on the same position.

How about jumping from P-51H to some other FSX plane (stock Maule for example) to see if the problem still exists ?

By the way: just a small hint - the plane is using stock FSX battery which can be emptied in a couple of minutes. Every time you start the P-51H, I'd suggest to grab a fresh one from the FSX plane menu.

Hi Lucas,

I was not talking about the same plane going from ground to air. I meant from one livery to another one. I think in most cases once you set up the controls for one livery or one paint, they are the same for all liveries.

I have already discovered the battery problem....grin. So far everything is going pretty well and it seems fun to fly.

Thanks,

Tom

new reply

Return to “P-51H "High Performance Mustang"”