Canopy glass

Lower weight plus greater power = higher performance
ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Re: Canopy glass

Post by ROB - A2A »

Here is a screen shot that presents mentioned specular effect which you won't see on the default FS glass material. This is a natural and obvious feature, without it a glass is not a glass.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

Dave_B
Airman

Post by Dave_B »

Well.. this looks like glass too Rob :)

Couldn't get the same angle as your posted shot so gave up :lol:
ATB
DaveB :)

Paul K
Technical Sergeant

Post by Paul K »

Dave_B wrote:Are you seeing white mountains on the horizon then? I think I've see this for as long as I can remember :lol:
Yes Dave, I see it with mountains very far away, probably at the limit of visibility, and in the haze. I wondered if haze, or visibility radius settings might have something to do with it.

Dave_B
Airman

Post by Dave_B »

The visibility setting will certainly enhance the ghostly appearance of mountains on the horizon. My default is 20miles as we rarely get better in the UK. Using FSUIPC to 'clear all weather' will have these distant mountains spring into clarity and from what I've seen.. without exception the ghostly looking mountains are snow covered. None snow covered mountains don't display like this.

You're assuming a connection between lit canopy glass and ghostly 'snow covered' mountains on the horizon due to the visibility level? I'd never have come up with that! It's way too far out of the box for my thinking :lol:

Does your 'Civvie' Mustang canopy light up to?
ATB

Paul K
Technical Sergeant

Post by Paul K »

It was the haze connection that made me think there might be a common root cause for the mountains and the plexiglas whiteness, Dave. Can't remember there being a problem with the civvy Mustang canopy glass - I'll check again over the next few days. :)

Paul K
Technical Sergeant

Post by Paul K »

Just been trying out Mr. Jahns KC-97, and this is the tower view from afar.

Related issue to the canopy glass ? Obviously it's not exactly the same problem, but it looks similar, doesn't it. I'm sure its to do with visibility radius, but like a bar of soap in the bath, I can't quite get a grip of it.

Dave_B
Airman

Post by Dave_B »

I think I see where you're coming from but (coincidentally) the glass in Manfred's model isn't affected by clouds like the A2A models. The only other models I've seen do this (lit glass) are John Young's AI and perhaps older FS9 models.
Tower view is known to throw up inconsistencies.. even at near magnification (misplaced nav/landing lights and reflections is a good example) so it's no surprise the C97 looks a little odd at extreme distances from there.

ATB
DaveB:)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Guys its due to the realistic glass and reflections/shine etc. There's no fix for this as its a limitation of the engine when combined with the third party clouds.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Dave_B
Airman

Post by Dave_B »

That's already taken as read Lewis :wink: I think Paul is trying to fix something else!!

ATB

Paul K
Technical Sergeant

Post by Paul K »

Dave_B wrote:That's already taken as read Lewis :wink: I think Paul is trying to fix something else!!
I'm no longer certain what I'm doing, actually. :? :lol: I thought there might be a connection, but probably not. I'd like to get my problem of white mountains / aircraft sorted, though. I need to pin down the circumstances under which it happens. Typically, when trying things this afternoon, I can't get the ghost plane to manifest itself. :roll:

new reply

Return to “P-51H "High Performance Mustang"”