Cannot Hand Prop

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Avio
Staff Sergeant

Cannot Hand Prop

Post by Avio »

Strange that lately been seeing problem with the Hand Prop not being able to turn the prop, despite much prior oil draining for extended period.

The only way hand prop would work is to auto-start engine and then cold-start the T6. Running in P3D V5.

Also, I always ensure that oil draining can is attached during every shutdown. Which by the way, upon next starting up the sim, the oil can has disappeared. I remember it all works fine in FSX.

Any clue?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Cannot Hand Prop

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Avio,

I haven't been able to reproduce this issue with my own installation. Do you mean that you can't turn the propeller using the hand prop feature every time you load the aircraft?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Avio
Staff Sergeant

Post by Avio »

Thanks Nick. Yes occasionally cannot and-prop turn and had to auto-start then dark-and-cold then able to hand-prop. All this despite having put on the oil drain.

And yet there were times when hand-prop works fine.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey Avio,

is it a brand new flight or a saved flight you are using?

Sometimes through no fault of anyone a saved flight over time can get corrupt and result in some weird behaviours with the sim, be it aircraft systems, or scenery loading in a bit funny. If it is a saved flight you are loading in on a journey can I please ask you try a brand new flight just in case this corruption is what you are experiencing.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

I mentioned this when P3Dv5 came out. The oil clean kit seems to work now...most of the time...and the prop does not turn with the HandProp button in the Shift_3 panel on a regular basis. Just the other day I had to reload the airplane to get the prop freed up.

viewtopic.php?f=130&t=71999

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”