Accu-Sim T-6 Texan "The Six" 15 minute VIDEO

The world's most popular advanced trainer of WWII
AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Re: Accu-Sim T-6 Texan "The Six" 15 minute VIDEO

Post by AKar »

torejohs wrote:Check shutdown procedure here, this guy at least explains that he runs it at 1500 rpm for a while to scavange oil, then the'll pull the prop back to fill the prop's oil cylinder to prevent rust. I'm assuming he's talking about the guvernor?
Not sure that immediately makes sense to one way or another, sounding a bit weird! :) This is very new stuff for me. If the prop is, as it seems, hydraulically acting towards fine pitch, then the coarse pitch will empty it of the oil, if I get it.

Quickly checking the procedure, and indeed, according to some T-6G FM I've got at hand this quick, his method apparently is subtly wrong way around:
AN 01-60FFA-1 Section II wrote:STOPPING ENGINE
[...]
2. Open throttle to approximately 1450 rpm, place propeller control in full DECREASE, and allow engine to run for approximately one minute to allow the oil from the propeller to be scavenged back to the oil tank.
As in, pull the prop back before waiting the engine to scavenge. That way, running up the engine, pulling back the prop and then letting the engine to run some time the scavenging thing would actually make sense. Filling the prop's cylinder seems to me be a misunderstanding on the way it works, as that would be how a common single GA functions but apparently not the T-6.

But as said, I've only just opened the books on it. It will be a long and interesting journey to me, as I've got no real idea how those radials are made up!

-Esa

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

speedy70 wrote:So in about a weeks time we will have it!!!!!

Cheers Chris
I thought at first your timeline might be optimistic, but then I went back and checked the Comanche. First look video went up on a Thursday - June 12, 2016. Release was on Friday, June 19. Eight days in all.

So... keeping in mind that past performance is no guarantee of future results... I think you're onto something.
Last edited by Alan_A on 24 Mar 2016, 14:40, edited 1 time in total.
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

Alan bear in mind the first T6 was released on 1st of April 1935 and eight days takes us to the 1st of April,it seems a logical release date!!!!!!

Cheers Chris

Bruce Hamilton
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Bruce Hamilton »

You expect them to release on April Fool's? LOL :lol:

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

speedy70 wrote:Alan bear in mind the first T6 was released on 1st of April 1935 and eight days takes us to the 1st of April,it seems a logical release date!!!!!!

Cheers Chris
Makes complete sense to me!

Bruce Hamilton wrote:You expect them to release on April Fool's? LOL :lol:
Of course! Because that afternoon I'll be one day out of oral surgery and won't be in shape to do anything except fly... or maybe just taxi... or maybe try to taxi and fail. At which point I'll tell myself that I feel the way I do because I whacked my jaw on the canopy rail during a groundloop.

Accu-Trauma! Bring it on!
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

Paul K
Technical Sergeant

Post by Paul K »

Watched the video earlier today, and much enjoyed it. I have to admit I've never taken much interest in the T-6, but I think this model will ignite my enthusiasm for it. It was broadly the same with the A2A G.A. - the Accusim models made me interested in the real aircraft.

Anyway, the T-6 looks terrific, and I look forward to its release. Well done, chaps ! :)

ramon.cutanda
Airman Basic

Post by ramon.cutanda »

Just impressive... Amazing job there :)

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Post by Caldemeyn »

Addon of the year, no contest :-) , im wondering, is it safe to assume that will there be updates to the existing warbirds ?

rc flyer
Staff Sergeant

Post by rc flyer »

Truly great news and I'll be able to use my vast actual experience of 30 minutes flying the real one to evaluate her. :roll: This may be the push I need to buy that Jetline system I've been drooling over for a long time :wink: .

Steve

kiwikat
Senior Airman

Post by kiwikat »

Got my nose art ready! :mrgreen:

jimcarrel
Senior Airman

Post by jimcarrel »

In my experience of A2A purchases, you get the video and then within a week you get the plane. I would almost bet an Accu-sim update also.

Anawake
Airman First Class

Post by Anawake »

Good morning, fellow aviators!

Frohe Ostern!
Happy Easter holidays and bonnes Pâques, y´all!

There are a few things I´d like to share!

This is a USAF Manuals for the T-6G I had used for the a freeware simulator plane:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uk6f9zeigxjgf ... 1.pdf?dl=0

But be aware that this manual was last revised in 1952 and is to be for simulated flight only. The content can differ to the content found in the A2A-manual accompanied with the A2A T-6 Sim Plane.
It can give you an overview over the procedures, handling characteristics and maybe flight performances, etc.
And you are getting the answer on why you start the R-1340-AN1 with prop controls in DECREASED RPM und shut down likewise. And most important of all: you´ll know what that hump behind the cockpit might be :)

And here´s a very good article from Boldmethod.com regarding ground handling on both, taildraggers and tricycles:
http://www.boldmethod.com/learn-to-fly/ ... stability/

And yes, a tricycle can be ground looped, too :)
Boldmethod is a rich resource for aviation and aviation safety knowledge, which can be used in addition to AOPA Saftey videos and articles.

It´s worth a glance or two as it provides some very good material to become a even more proficient flyer.

Have fun!
Cheers,
Marco

Image Image

Anawake
Airman First Class

Post by Anawake »

bladerunner900 wrote:Nice. Will definitely be getting this one. :D No more boring GA for me, from now on. :P
GA is not boring! Flying itself cannot be boring! :D
Cheers,
Marco

Image Image

Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Post by Dominique »

Anawake wrote:Good morning, fellow aviators!

Frohe Ostern!
Happy Easter holidays and bonnes Pâques, y´all!

There are a few things I´d like to share!

This is a USAF Manuals for the T-6G I had used for the a freeware simulator plane:

But be aware that this manual was last revised in 1952 and is to be for simulated flight only. The content can differ to the content found in the A2A-manual accompanied with the A2A T-6 Sim Plane.
It can give you an overview over the procedures, handling characteristics and maybe flight performances, etc.
And you are getting the answer on why you start the R-1340-AN1 with prop controls in DECREASED RPM und shut down likewise. And most important of all: you´ll know what that hump behind the cockpit might be :)

And here´s a very good article from Boldmethod.com regarding ground handling on both, taildraggers and tricycles:
http://www.boldmethod.com/learn-to-fly/ ... stability/

And yes, a tricycle can be ground looped, too :)
Boldmethod is a rich resource for aviation and aviation safety knowledge, which can be used in addition to AOPA Saftey videos and articles.

It´s worth a glance or two as it provides some very good material to become a even more proficient flyer.

Have fun!
Thank you for the manual, appreciated !
Dominique
i7-4770 /Nvidia 1080 and MSFS
Proud ownerin FS9 of the P-47 and P-51, in FSX/P3D of the Piper Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, P-40, P-51 civ., Texan, Boeing Stratocruiser, Cessna Skylane and in MSFS of the Comanche

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Anawake wrote:This is a USAF Manuals for the T-6G I had used for the a freeware simulator plane:
That's one of the manuals I've got sitting on my hard drive. Highly recommended! Manuals from those days are in general much better written and useful as study material than most of today's ones.

-Esa

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan"”