Accu-Sim T-6 Texan "The Six" 15 minute VIDEO

The world's most popular advanced trainer of WWII
Rimshot
Senior Airman

Re: Accu-Sim T-6 Texan "The Six" 15 minute VIDEO

Post by Rimshot »

Awesome work guys! Finally a fantastic virtual version of my all time favourite classic bird :)
Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

minibikerider
Airman

Post by minibikerider »

When is it set for release?
ImageImage
ImageImage

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Another beautiful aircraft from A2A! Thank you for sharing this cool presentation.

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

torejohs
Airman First Class

Post by torejohs »

Looking forward to it! Hope someone makes a Norwegian paint soon, there are a couple T6's that are airshow regulars up here.
8)

Here are a few interesting videos on the Texan from Kermit Weeks using a Gopro strapped to his head. What do you guys think, will his sort of idiosychratic procedures work with the accusim bird?

Walkaround and cockpits: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFXOpLReNgg
Cockpit layout and startup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAHNnHBBJT8
Short flight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOmH6ZiEUXg

Kilstorm
Technical Sergeant

Post by Kilstorm »

km2727 wrote:If this video "barely scratches the surface", I can't wait to see what's under the skin. Another fantastic job by A2A !!!
Some of the new things I see yet to be described in the Ctrl+3 window prompt from the video is:

Hangared
Gauges Floor
Gear Lock Aid
Airspeed MPH (guessing this allows either MPH or Kts on the airspeed gauge)

Cant wait to see what Hangared features bring, perhaps keeps the oil warmer?!
All the others would be a foolish guess by me having never spent anytime near this plane.
i9-13900K O/C | ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | 32GB DDR5 6000MHz Kingston FURY | RTX 4090 24GB | 2x SSD M.2 (2TB Samsung 990 PRO) 1x SSD (4TB Samsung 870 EVO) | Windows 11 Home | H20: HydroLux PRO:HardLine Tubing| 1000w PSU

BrettT
Staff Sergeant

Post by BrettT »

Perhaps since the first T-6 prototype took to the skys on April 1st, 1935.....an anniversary release by A2A would be appropriate. I am of course completely speculating/wishing.

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

torejohs wrote:Looking forward to it! Hope someone makes a Norwegian paint soon, there are a couple T6's that are airshow regulars up here.
8)

Here are a few interesting videos on the Texan from Kermit Weeks using a Gopro strapped to his head. What do you guys think, will his sort of idiosychratic procedures work with the accusim bird?

Walkaround and cockpits: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFXOpLReNgg
Cockpit layout and startup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAHNnHBBJT8
Short flight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOmH6ZiEUXg
I have watched Kermit's videos many times and done some reading about his procedures. As for the starting up in coarse pitch it wasn't mentioned in the video, but it was clearly visible in the start-up that the propeller control was all the way back - and it was idling at 400 (as Kermit is doing) until setting towards fine pitch. The vibrations are probably noticeable - Scott is mentioning them, as is Kermit (in referencing the "engine bogging down").

He is doing a bit more MP during the takeoff - 35-36, but that seems to be normal: all kinds of different procedures are practiced around the world. I hope "our" T-6 also lack the MP-governor stop that hinders over-boosting. I find that "primitiveness" a big part of the charm of the P-40.

I can only hope that the short preview was intentionally saving the walk around for another video - one of the things I miss with the older warbirds. :)

Edit:

Kermit also shows the snap roll that Scott was talking about. You see the first one doesn't quite make it, just as shown in the T-6 preview.
Last edited by Medtner on 24 Mar 2016, 08:32, edited 1 time in total.
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

NeverMiss51
Airman

Post by NeverMiss51 »

So, technically, fighter Pilots in the 40's were trained to fly the T-6 Before the P-51. So, all of us who have tonnes of hours already in the P-51, this one "should" be easier to fly....technically...right 8)

It looks amazing. I can SMELL the airplane watching that video!
The "YellowJackets", P-51's of the 361st Fighter Group, 8th Air Force

P-51 CIV/MIL Comanche T-6 TEXAN

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

BrettT wrote:Perhaps since the first T-6 prototype took to the skys on April 1st, 1935.....an anniversary release by A2A would be appropriate. I am of course completely speculating/wishing.
That is not a bad bet, but it is soooooo far into the future. It want/need the Accusim T-6 yesterday. :)
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

BrettT wrote:Perhaps since the first T-6 prototype took to the skys on April 1st, 1935.....an anniversary release by A2A would be appropriate. I am of course completely speculating/wishing.
Judging on previous products from the time that elapsed between the release of the video and the release of the product I think this is a very valid assumption :wink:
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Beutiful looks like yet another fine aircraft from A2A , i wonder what will be next after this aircrafts release , maybe a good twin GA hint hint.
Regards alan. 8)

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

I wasn't originally that interested in T-6, but after all: this one is A2A quality, and as I'm interested to study the radials from the yesteryear, this will be an excellent reason and opportunity to get started! :) Looking the video, I'm certainly going to love the challenge of handling the beast too!
Medtner wrote:As for the starting up in coarse pitch it wasn't mentioned in the video, but it was clearly visible in the start-up that the propeller control was all the way back
This is an interesting thing to begin with! Technically speaking, in your regular GA single, the position of the prop lever makes no difference to the propeller pitch during ground idling nor for the engine start as the propeller is spring-loaded towards fine pitch. It also doesn't affect the oil flow into or out of the engine, obviously.

In T-6, on the other hand, it appears the propeller is not spring-loaded at all. I believe this is typical to the radials (as it is to the large turboprops). At speed, the centrifugal effects on the counterweights installed in the hub twist them towards coarse pitch, while the governor oil pressure (together with the natural centrifugal pitching effect on the blades) works towards fine pitch (opposite to a regular GA single). When the propeller turns during idling after the landing, and the propeller is pulled to low RPM, the oil pressure is released from the hub, and the counterweights pull the prop to coarse pitch. This allows the oil from the hub to be returned into circulation, apparently, I'd figure to justify such a procedure, it is a significant portion of the oil, if nothing else, for determining the quantity. When shut down, as there is no spring to return the blades to the fine stops, they remain at indefinite position, likely at around coarse pitch stop.

Starting the engine with the prop lever at back apparently allows to keep the governor from pulling the oil from the engine during startup to push the blades to the fine pitch stops where it would like them to be.

-Esa

Antonio Huergo
Airman

Post by Antonio Huergo »

Definetly amazing!
The Esquadrilha da Fumaca livery was a big surprise for me. Loved it!
I'm very anxious to fly this beauty.
Just a question: is it possible to remove the spinner?
ImageImage

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Nice. Will definitely be getting this one. :D No more boring GA for me, from now on. :P

torejohs
Airman First Class

Post by torejohs »

AKar wrote:I wasn't originally that interested in T-6, but after all: this one is A2A quality, and as I'm interested to study the radials from the yesteryear, this will be an excellent reason and opportunity to get started! :) Looking the video, I'm certainly going to love the challenge of handling the beast too!
Medtner wrote:As for the starting up in coarse pitch it wasn't mentioned in the video, but it was clearly visible in the start-up that the propeller control was all the way back
This is an interesting thing to begin with! Technically speaking, in your regular GA single, the position of the prop lever makes no difference to the propeller pitch during ground idling nor for the engine start as the propeller is spring-loaded towards fine pitch. It also doesn't affect the oil flow into or out of the engine, obviously.

In T-6, on the other hand, it appears the propeller is not spring-loaded at all. I believe this is typical to the radials (as it is to the large turboprops). At speed, the centrifugal effects on the counterweights installed in the hub twist them towards coarse pitch, while the governor oil pressure (together with the natural centrifugal pitching effect on the blades) works towards fine pitch (opposite to a regular GA single). When the propeller turns during idling after the landing, and the propeller is pulled to low RPM, the oil pressure is released from the hub, and the counterweights pull the prop to coarse pitch. This allows the oil from the hub to be returned into circulation, apparently, I'd figure to justify such a procedure, it is a significant portion of the oil, if nothing else, for determining the quantity. When shut down, as there is no spring to return the blades to the fine stops, they remain at indefinite position, likely at around coarse pitch stop.

Starting the engine with the prop lever at back apparently allows to keep the governor from pulling the oil from the engine during startup to push the blades to the fine pitch stops where it would like them to be.

-Esa
Check shutdown procedure here, this guy at least explains that he runs it at 1500 rpm for a while to scavange oil, then the'll pull the prop back to fill the prop's oil cylinder to prevent rust. I'm assuming he's talking about the guvernor?
https://youtu.be/ZOmH6ZiEUXg?t=14m55s

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan"”