Basic TIPS

The world's most popular advanced trainer of WWII
Tailspin45
Staff Sergeant

Re: Basic TIPS

Post by Tailspin45 »

Nick M wrote:That rudder trim wheel looks pretty hard to get to (in the real cockpit I mean), especially if one has 'fat hands'. :)
In over 800 hours I don’t think I ever touched it.

Which reminds me, when we bought our Twin Beech I asked the seller if he had an tips about switchology.

His answer, "If it ain't shinny, don't touch it."

And that reminds of the day one of our pilots who also had hundreds of hours in the aircraft called me over and asked what a certain switch did.

"Beats me," I said, "I always leave it on."
Blue skies and tailwinds

dutch506
Senior Airman

Post by dutch506 »

Tailspin45 wrote:
Nick M wrote:That rudder trim wheel looks pretty hard to get to (in the real cockpit I mean), especially if one has 'fat hands'. :)

Which reminds me, when we bought our Twin Beech I asked the seller if he had an tips about switchology.

His answer, "If it ain't shinny, don't touch it."

And that reminds of the day one of our pilots who also had hundreds of hours in the aircraft called me over and asked what a certain switch did.

"Beats me," I said, "I always leave it on."
When did you get your Twin Beech? I was lucky enough to get some copilot time in Mark Trimble's Beech 18 "Arctic Annie" when I was in Branson, MO.
524 BMS, 379 BMW, WAFB, MI
346 TES/B-52 Test Flight
AFGA - RRVA

Image[/

Tailspin45
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tailspin45 »

dutch506 wrote:When did you get your Twin Beech? I was lucky enough to get some copilot time in Mark Trimble's Beech 18 "Arctic Annie" when I was in Branson, MO.

Good for you! That's even better than owning one!

Found ours up in Bend OR back in 2002. Sold her to a guy in Ohio the end of 2011. Two of the happiest days of our lives.

You know, an A2A Beechcraft Model 18 makes a whole lot of sense, given their round engine expertise and the popularity of the breed.

There's the AT-11 that could drop a few tiny bombs, C-45s for cargo and VIP transport, oodles of civilian Twin Beech variants, even the Volpar nose dragger.

Anyone interested in reading some hair raising Bugsmasher stories, go to the bottom of my blog post at http://tailspinstales.blogspot.com/2012 ... n-you.html and click on the link to read She's a Beech, a collections of first hand accounts of some bonehead experiences the old girl was subjected to.

Last edited by Tailspin45 on 05 Apr 2016, 14:36, edited 2 times in total.
Blue skies and tailwinds

dutch506
Senior Airman

Post by dutch506 »

Mark Trimble used to own "Shepherd of the Hills" but never acted like it. He had a hangar full of planes: Globe Swift, two WACO Biplanes, Scarab, Beech 18 and the round-engine Wigeon they used in Fantasy Island. Not to mention a few Culver Darts.
524 BMS, 379 BMW, WAFB, MI
346 TES/B-52 Test Flight
AFGA - RRVA

Image[/

Captain744
Senior Airman

Post by Captain744 »

Hi Scott thanks for an awesome plane. Is a walkaround pre flight inspection going to made for this beauty?

-Lee

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Tailspin45 wrote:
Thanks Tailspin - it's always interesting to hear these little snippets from the lucky few who have gotten to fly these things for real. :) Certainly in the Accu-Sim version it's true I haven't felt the need to adjust the rudder trim for take-off or at any other point for that matter.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

JanF
Airman First Class

Re: Set you axis curves!

Post by JanF »

Tailspin45 wrote: 01 Apr 2016, 19:51 The most basic of tips, but would hate to have someone new to the T6, and the marvelously realistic A2A rendition of the bird, get the wrong impression: you must set the pitch, roll, and yaw curves for your joystick to get the proper feel (which is true for all the other wonderful A2A aircraft...any FSX/P3D aircraft, for that matter.)
And what should these curve settings be ?

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan"”