Finished Repaints

The world's most popular advanced trainer of WWII
eker
Senior Airman

Re: Finished Repaints

Post by eker »

:D :D :D :D :D

A wonderful flight today over ENTO area.

She is now parked and saved where she belong - close to GA parking 8 - ENTO
8) 8)

Ooooops:
:oops:
Almost forgot to say:
THANK YOU!!
:D

Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Post by Al FR-153 »

I am going to open this repaint with the original request.

That said, we had the opportunity to work with Lewis <077harvard> in painting NZ1077 the way he remembered her, faded, dusty and retired. While searching for additional photos of her, Lewis found some that neither he or his father realized existed. I also learned that this is not the first repaint of 077. Lewis' father repainted the real bird several years ago and my repaint is replication of that repaint, so don't tell me the color or markings are not 'spot on', it is, what it is (or was). 077 is no longer part of Lewis' family, and the main reason that he wanted the A2A T-6 painted up. There was a small issue of moss growing on the real bird which we elected NOT to include as it would really put the New Zealand and A2A air worthiness certification 'On the Line'. :lol: :lol:

This old girl apparently served her country well. I had read that some of the T-6's were configured with weapons and served as the last line of defense during WWII. In Lewis' research for photos, this one popped up, showing what looks like a 50 cal on the starboard wing.

Post war, she was painted in the yellow colors of a trainer and the 50 cal was removed before some rookie could do damage. I do strongly suspect that a young Lewis may have had a few 'kills' under his belt as he 'piloted' the retired 077 as a youngster. :)

To quote General Douglas MacArthur as it applies to NZ1077 as well:

"Old Soldiers Never Die, They Just Fade Away"

Lewis <077harvard>....Thank you for allowing me to bring this old girl back to life, if only in flight simulation.

DOWNLOAD HERE: http://www.mediafire.com/download/zreuh ... cf/077.zip
Al Heline

Image Image Image Image Image Image

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

Thanks Al .

Cheers Chris

eker
Senior Airman

Post by eker »

Thanks Al.

Great weathering. Close to be perfect. A minor detail: The exhaust dirt will follow wing curvature, not straight line.

And I had to rename file to texture.077 to make it works.

Thanks again! Will log a few hours in this one Hope I see more weathering of this quality.
8)

Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Post by Al FR-153 »

eker wrote:
And I had to rename file to texture.077 to make it works.
That is twice now since I moved to Windows 10 that the zip file has gotten screwed up. I am going to have to watch closer I guess. I have changed the zip file and downloads should be correct now. Thank you.
Al Heline

Image Image Image Image Image Image

lanf
Airman Basic

Post by lanf »

RaFi wrote:Another sleepless night, another paint job. This was a request I received, the aircraft currently belongs to Classic Trainers in the Czech Republic.

http://www.classictrainers.cz/en/aircraft/harvard/

I made two versions of the aircraft, from details I could see on the photos.

Once I receive the green light from the original requester, I will upload it.
Hi to everyone

have these repaints been released?

can't find them anywhere :oops:

hermannk1
Airman

Post by hermannk1 »

Fearsome-13 wrote:Ok chaps... this will be my first release.

As seen in an earlier thread, this will be the dual combo of ZU-AZW/SAAF 7650.

I spent a bit of time trouble shooting the AZW texture as there were a few issues that needed sorting.

My SAAF skins have benefited from a trip down to Air Force Base Ysterplaat's museum, where we have a single Spammy left, using her as a reference, I have added a number of details to my SAAF birds.

I have one or two last details to finalize, and then I will add in a dropbox link here.

ZU-AZW

Dropbox link here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vk52assndbp60 ... 0.rar?dl=0

Apologies for my screenies... the textures are not jagged at all.
Looks great! Like the new style gauges. Looks more convincing.

RaFi
Airman

Post by RaFi »

lanf wrote:
RaFi wrote:Another sleepless night, another paint job. This was a request I received, the aircraft currently belongs to Classic Trainers in the Czech Republic.

http://www.classictrainers.cz/en/aircraft/harvard/

I made two versions of the aircraft, from details I could see on the photos.

Once I receive the green light from the original requester, I will upload it.
Hi to everyone

have these repaints been released?

can't find them anywhere :oops:

I have decided to make the paint available as it is currently, feel free to provide comments or suggestions for any changes.

It can be downloaded from SOH http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/l ... nkid=21312 and should be available at FlightSim.com soon.

crazac
Technical Sergeant

Post by crazac »

Hi guys,
Here is Tailspin45's N7055K. Finally, finished!!

Pictures of his plane here. https://www.flickr.com/photos/tailspin_ ... 278615987/

WIP thread is here http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 29&t=52873

Temporary download link can be had here. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B10IIK ... sp=sharing
Please make sure, when you get to the link, to just click the download arrow at the top center of the page.

Enjoy.

Last edited by crazac on 21 Apr 2016, 16:05, edited 2 times in total.

Tim-HH
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tim-HH »

What a beautiful repaint! Thanks a lot, crazac :)

Greetings
Tim
Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Ian Warren
Senior Master Sergeant
Location: EX- Christchurch now called "Wobblyville" New Zealand

Post by Ian Warren »

Al FR-153 wrote:I am going to open this repaint with the original request.

That said, we had the opportunity to work with Lewis <077harvard> in painting NZ1077 the way he remembered her, faded, dusty and retired. While searching for additional photos of her, Lewis found some that neither he or his father realized existed. I also learned that this is not the first repaint of 077. Lewis' father repainted the real bird several years ago and my repaint is replication of that repaint, so don't tell me the color or markings are not 'spot on', it is, what it is (or was). 077 is no longer part of Lewis' family, and the main reason that he wanted the A2A T-6 painted up. There was a small issue of moss growing on the real bird which we elected NOT to include as it would really put the New Zealand and A2A air worthiness certification 'On the Line'. :lol: :lol:

This old girl apparently served her country well. I had read that some of the T-6's were configured with weapons and served as the last line of defense during WWII. In Lewis' research for photos, this one popped up, showing what looks like a 50 cal on the starboard wing.

Post war, she was painted in the yellow colors of a trainer and the 50 cal was removed before some rookie could do damage. I do strongly suspect that a young Lewis may have had a few 'kills' under his belt as he 'piloted' the retired 077 as a youngster. :)
Thanks Al , I have to stick this one into the sim , I may have old number 77 here in a book somewhere 8)

Ian Warren
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Ian Warren »

Now up on Flightsim.com this morning, looking forward to install your 077 , found the photo I was thinking of , it was 048

Ian Warren
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Ian Warren »

Tim-HH wrote:What a beautiful repaint! Thanks a lot, crazac :)
Greetings
Tim
WHAT HE SAID :wink:

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

G-BGHU a T-6G

Real one:

Mine:

If you want to kit it out properly, the real one has the small dome aerial and the de-cluttered canopy. (not the race version)

On AVSIM soon or Mediafire now. http://www.mediafire.com/download/482iq ... G-BGHU.zip
"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled"

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan"”