The repaint request thread

The world's most popular advanced trainer of WWII
ebo
Master Sergeant

Re: The repaint request thread

Post by ebo »

lowew79 wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 17:36 Hey I know this plane isn't exactly new but maybe one of the artists will be inspired to try this idea out.

I'd like to see a repaint the Texan based on the Texas Flag, with the phrase "Don't Mess with Texas" as a sort of motto. Background- The phrase Don't Mess with Texas was originally conceived as a anti-litter slogan in the late 80s or early 90s (at least that's when I first heard it).

I actually have another T6 in my hangar from another add-on maker with this design and its really cool, but the plane isn't nearly as good as A2As TBH. Since I didn't paint it and I'm not sure how copyrights work, I don't think A straight copy will work here.

Hopefully someone will take this idea and run with it!

Just an idea
Sounds like an interesting project. Let me run with it. Please b a bit patient, as I currently have the Comanche in my paint shop for a few paints.

Regards
Ebo
Regards
Eberhard Haberkorn

lowew79
Airman First Class

Post by lowew79 »

No hurry friend, just a thought. Some pretty girl nose art would be cool too lol.

Josquin
Airman Basic

Post by Josquin »

Is there anyone interested in doing a JASDF livery for the T-6? I looked around but could not find one.

Corsair015
Senior Airman

Post by Corsair015 »

Could someone do 65? This is based at Ardmore airport, and is a regular visitor to Tauranga

ImageImageImage
Corsairs Forever!

awash2002
A2A ACE

Post by awash2002 »

I am looking for a D Day repaint to honor the D Day landings and the veterans of that battle and to honor all WW2 veterans

FlyingsCool
Airman First Class

Post by FlyingsCool »

awash2002 wrote: 20 May 2019, 08:04 I am looking for a D Day repaint to honor the D Day landings and the veterans of that battle and to honor all WW2 veterans
Look for a repaint of F-AZRB

The aircraft is not terribly time period accurate, as it also has "U.S. Air Force" on the tail. I also don't know if any T-6's would have had D-Day markings anyway. I believe mostly L-4's were used for artillery spotting (plenty of photos of those with D-Day markings, though, sadly, A2A does not have an L-4 version (longer canopy and a couple other minor mods). Not sure why else an AT-6 would have been in the area at the time. Maybe some Harvard's were painted with stripes?

Here's a discussion on the subject, including one person who's seen two period photos of a Harvard and AT-6D with stripes

https://forum.keypublishing.com/forum/h ... -6-harvard

It's my understanding as well, that the D-Day stripes per se were only used for a few weeks, and then were ordered to be removed. Apparently some aircraft kept them anyway?

N2550 is another totally innaccurate one currently flying

FlyingsCool
Airman First Class

Post by FlyingsCool »

awash2002 wrote: 20 May 2019, 08:04 I am looking for a D Day repaint to honor the D Day landings and the veterans of that battle and to honor all WW2 veterans
Tom Weiss did N2550 - http://www.lockonfiles.com/files/file/3 ... aac-n2550/

I could swear I've seen F-AZRB as well

trowland.b
Airman Basic

Post by trowland.b »

Corsair015 wrote: 02 May 2019, 15:37 Could someone do 65? This is based at Ardmore airport, and is a regular visitor to Tauranga

Hi, me and a friend are currently working on NZ1065 it shouldn't be too long done! :)

mgr
Staff Sergeant

Post by mgr »

Wrong topic :oops:

VFM-flyer
Airman Basic

Post by VFM-flyer »

I'm looking for someone to maybe do a repaint for N101NZ, a T-6 built for New Zealand in 1944, and operated by the RNZAF from then until 1973. It is one of a number of Harvards that is painted in the colors of the Red Checkers aerobatic team. Image I can get more recent pictures if need be. It's based right down the road from my place.

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

I have a humble request (two actually...;)) for one of our very talented repainters! I have about 500 hours in my Dad's two Harvards 40+ years ago and it would be extremely meaningful to me to be able to fly the T-6 in these two liveries. I'm certainly willing to discuss payment for these by email transfer if that works for someone?

The first is stock RCAF from the early '60s and the only livery I've found did not look good up close. I've been using this one from Grant MacLean, which aside from not being the right number, looks great and is the period correct scheme without the blue. Thanks Grant, wherever you are...!

So, here's C-FWWI

...and here's C-FRZP...

Both of the girls...Dad formating on my brother-in-law...crappy photographer in the back of the borrowed Harvard I was flying... :mrgreen: :lol:

...and here's some guy with a perm trying to impress a blonde in May of 1978...it worked...she's my wife 8)

The interesting thing is that I'd never seen that last picture until a couple of months ago (roughly the 41st anniversary of when it was taken buy someone I never met) while doing a web search for more early pics of RZP while it still had the top of the rear canopy painted over! :shock: :D

OK, so that's my story...and I am completely serious about paying for these liveries...any takers??
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

Flieger-Marius
Technical Sergeant

Post by Flieger-Marius »

Hi Rob,
I always love the opportunity to work with owner's input!
Do you have more in detail pictures of them?
Especially the nose art.

If so, send them to info (at) edrm-repaints.com and I'll have a look.
Greets, Marius

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

Hi Marius!

Thanks so much for the offer! I'll see what I can find and get some pictures off to you soon.
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

R-2800-59
Staff Sergeant

Post by R-2800-59 »

Just fell in love with this paint scheme... Is anyone willing to do this german T6, registered D-FURY?
This would be a dream to cruise around in... and please keep it dirty as it appears on those pictures :twisted: Stunning how corroded aluminium appears in sunlight...

https://german-historic-flight.de/index ... =4&fid=164

https://www.fotocommunity.de/photo/7420 ... as/1923085

ilya1502
Staff Sergeant

Post by ilya1502 »

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan"”