Minor observations

The world's most popular advanced trainer of WWII
new reply
Corkscrew196
Airman First Class

Minor observations

Post by Corkscrew196 »

After the latest update all seems to work well (radio works, no engine cut out on neg. G). THX! I experience the T-6 as a very benign aircraft.

Two things:

*Canopy fogs up to quickly. In the 3 years now I'm flying real aircraft I've never encountered a fogged up canopy. It's my believe A2A are exaggerating things.
* I'm used to step on the ball on take off and relatively hard when airborne. Most FSX aircraft don't simulate this so I was very pleased with the Cessna 172 that does. Not with the T-6.
Did test this with going from cut-off to full power and vice versa but wasn't impressed. I cannot believe the T-6 is that yaw stable.

Overall very pleased with the T-6!!

p.s third one: with headphones I hardly experience any sounds of the winds. It's the engine that gives the input.

avduarri
Senior Airman

Re: Minor observations

Post by avduarri »

I'm agree with the canopy fog. In my opinion the fog appears very quickly (with the Cherokee and Comanche the same).
Flying a real C172R in real life for almost five years I never experienced a foggy canopy.

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

Have you opened the air vent intake to the left of the starter lever?

Cheers Chris

Bruce Hamilton
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Bruce Hamilton »

avduarri wrote:Flying a real C172R in real life for almost five years I never experienced a foggy canopy.
You've probably also never experienced hypoxia, but they still model it.

avduarri
Senior Airman

Post by avduarri »

Bruce Hamilton wrote:
avduarri wrote:Flying a real C172R in real life for almost five years I never experienced a foggy canopy.
Yes, but I'm not talking about model it or not, I'm talking about the very short time it takes to fog the canopy. Even if winter, four inside the Cessna, parked and all closed wouldn't fog so quickly.

pjc747
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pjc747 »

Bruce Hamilton wrote:
I've also never seen this kind of fogging in real life either. Vents closed up, OAT at 39° F, and a warm body just sitting there in a tiny 152 cockpit, I haven't seen fogging. Nor at 30° F, in the shade with three full size bodies warming things up. You might get trace fogging in a car if you sit too long, but only rapid breathing in a closed vehicle seems to cause this kind of fogging.

SkipperMac
Staff Sergeant

Post by SkipperMac »

pjc747 wrote:
Bruce Hamilton wrote:
I've also never seen this kind of fogging in real life either. Vents closed up, OAT at 39° F, and a warm body just sitting there in a tiny 152 cockpit, I haven't seen fogging. Nor at 30° F, in the shade with three full size bodies warming things up. You might get trace fogging in a car if you sit too long, but only rapid breathing in a closed vehicle seems to cause this kind of fogging.
I suspect you guys haven't experienced a humid climate - try living in Britain for a day or two...
SkipperMac
i7 2600k @ 3.5GHz | Asus P8P67Pro Mobo | 8GB DDR3 RAM | nVidia 9800GTX+ 512 MB | 2 x 500GB Samsung SpinPoint F3 HDD| Xigmatek Midgard Pure Black case | Be Quiet Dark Rock Adv CPU cooler | Windows7 64bit

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

It may be regional climate related as I experience this in the winter on the east cost. It's one of those things can can probably be tweaked, by accounting for temp/dewpoint to determine relative humidity, but is it going to cost resources that should go elsewhere?
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

If I remember, and I would believe based on my flying with A2A planes, the window fogging already is dependent on the temperature and humidity. Back in time when the 172 was released, I though the effect was clearly overdone, as it took considerable effort to keep the windows clear of fog in some circumstances. I believe the windows were made to open up more easily in an update.

-Esa

spadjockey
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by spadjockey »

AKar wrote:If I remember, and I would believe based on my flying with A2A planes, the window fogging already is dependent on the temperature and humidity. Back in time when the 172 was released, I though the effect was clearly overdone, as it took considerable effort to keep the windows clear of fog in some circumstances. I believe the windows were made to open up more easily in an update.

-Esa
If I am not mistaken ,the P47 and P51 Both have it.

Corkscrew196
Airman First Class

Post by Corkscrew196 »

SkipperMac wrote:

I suspect you guys haven't experienced a humid climate - try living in Britain for a day or two...
Try living in my country...you guys are sending me all the bad weather...it's Holland :)

KaTjo
Airman Basic

Post by KaTjo »

Neither have i experienced any fog.

Maybe once or twice in gliders while flying in rain 8)

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan"”