Stupid question, but: Smoke control in VC?

The world's most popular advanced trainer of WWII
rc flyer
Staff Sergeant

Re: Stupid question, but: Smoke control in VC?

Post by rc flyer »

You can assign a button to smoke in the input configurator .

pjc747
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pjc747 »

rc flyer wrote:You can assign a button to smoke in the input configurator .
The issue is whether there was an omission in development or not.

rc flyer
Staff Sergeant

Post by rc flyer »

pjc747 wrote:
rc flyer wrote:You can assign a button to smoke in the input configurator .
The issue is whether there was an omission in development or not.
I understand that :roll: , just thought I would be helpful since nobody else actually told the OP how to switch it on and off after the arm switch was activated without opening the 2D panel.

Steve

hermannk1
Airman

Post by hermannk1 »

Use "I" button on keyboard for smoke. Not the ideal, but anyway it works for me. Suppose you have to allocate it in Controls.

gulredrel
Master Sergeant

Post by gulredrel »

You can map an smoke on/off via the input configurator.

Maybe the switch is hidden on the front side of the control stick? :lol:
"Give me a ping, Vasili. One ping only, please."

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
In the texan , DO NOT HIT THE I KEY , for the smoke , in shift + 4 make sure the smoke tank is full , there are 3 tanks as well as fuel tanks the smoke tank is the rearmost, in shift + 3 , click on the smoke in the lh colume .
In the vc when ever you want smoke ON/OFF there is a switch to the right of the avionic sw , this will then turn the aircraft smoke on/off as long as you have the smoke oil , there is an indicator on the inst panel that shows smokeoil tank qty.
Regards alan. 8)

Tailspin45
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tailspin45 »

For the record, we owned and operated T6 (7055K) for 8 years, and leased one before that. Neither had a smoke system. I can't site numbers, but would disagree with the suggestion that, "most have a smoke system."

Ours had one at one time, indeed the exhaust is slightly higher than standard to make room for the smoke system injector. But the oil tank was not installed.

The system is simply a tank, a pump, a switch or switches, and an injector. Smoke oil, commonly referred to as Corvis oil (but many brands are available, see http://www.franklinairshow.com/Smoke%20Oils.htm), is in ejected in the exhaust stack. The hot exhaust make's the oil smoke.

The stuff isn't particularly expensive ($65 for two 2.5 gallon jugs or 3.25 a quart), but it's messy and sometimes toxic (see link above). We didn't do airshows, so we didn’t have any reason to refurbish our system, and I never wished that it worked. But I'm delighted it's in the A2A Texan.

Watch the repaints for a 7055K skin. Craig (Crazac) is creating a masterpiece in authenticity. No hangar queen, we flew the wings off her and his artistry will show a "real" working T6.
Blue skies and tailwinds

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan"”