My video review of the T-6 Texan

The world's most popular advanced trainer of WWII
new reply
Flightsim481
Airman

My video review of the T-6 Texan

Post by Flightsim481 »

Hi folks,

Just a quick note to let you know I did an in depth video review on this fine product.

https://youtu.be/wMl8uoRtKFI

Hope you enjoy,
Rich :-)

T6flyer
Staff Sergeant

Re: My video review of the T-6 Texan

Post by T6flyer »

Very informative. Thank you.

I note that in the take off roll that she comes off at quite a slow speed? Never knew such a thing was possible!? :)

Martin
Last edited by T6flyer on 08 Jul 2016, 17:04, edited 1 time in total.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: My video review of the T-6 Texan

Post by Nick - A2A »

That looks like a very thorough review Rich. (Actually, it's already had a bit of a plug on the forums here, just in case you missed it! :wink: )

Though I haven't had time to watch the whole video, following Martin's comment I have just watched the take-off section. That sudden pitch up at ~50 KIAS does seem a bit alarming. (Normally I'd be looking for the tail to come up at around 40-45 KIAS, with a bit of aft stick pressure to unstick the mains at around 70-80 KIAS.). Unless you were pulling back on the stick throughout the take off roll, it makes me wonder if you've run an Accu-Sim update since installing the T-6. Amongst other things, this addressed rather excessive pitch trim authority of the original product, which might help explain this behaviour.

Apologies if I've missed mention of this elsewhere in your vid. I did see that you'd set the pitch trim correctly earlier on though. :)

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan"”