Oil and Hydraulic Levels

The world's most popular advanced trainer of WWII
new reply
TatoBean
Airman First Class

Oil and Hydraulic Levels

Post by TatoBean »

Is there any way to see exactly how much oil and hydraulic fluid are in the reservoirs? I know you can pull up "SHIFT+4" and see the little bubbles, but was wondering if there was a specific numerical value somewhere. This would make oil tracking a little bit easier knowing exactly how much you're burning/leaking as your engine gets older.
Let the potato rest for 5 minutes.

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Re: Oil and Hydraulic Levels

Post by AviationAtWar »

I believe if you mouse over the click spots for the reservoirs you'll get a tool tip showing the actual levels. I know the oil clean kit does for sure because I always look at the amount that it has collected, but can't remember 100% on the oil and hydraulic reservoirs.

TatoBean
Airman First Class

Post by TatoBean »

Huh! would you look at that!

I usually fly with the tool tips off so that's why it wasn't showing. Sometimes it's just that freaking simple! Thanks!

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

I wish they added tooltips to the real life as well! :mrgreen:

-Esa

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

There's no gauge in the cockpit. I guess one could build one?? Not that I know how to do that. I use LINDA to run most af my Saitek panels and some home made buttons boxes and LINDA can read the value of LVars, I was trying to make a small code to display it using LINDA, but my Harvard keeps crashing FSX.. :?: :?:
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

I think we could approach this like we would do it in 2020 in real. These warbirds are really old airplanes and so they require more work than the usual preflight walk around a 1990s C172 needs. We wouldn‘t just check the oil but would probably make sure it is refilled every time. We would check the spark plugs every time and replace it if needed. That‘s what I do before every flight: click on the oil reservoir, check the engine for yellow parts. In the T6 it‘s not much fun if the fuel filter is dirty. :D using an old airframe is „different“ enough :D

TatoBean
Airman First Class

Post by TatoBean »

Most engines have a sweet spot where they like the oil. Too full and it pukes out the breather, and gets all over the belly making a huge mess and costing you money that you’re just sending into thin air. So while you’re not gonna run out of oil by refilling it every flight you’re certainly going to run out of money. Granted money is no object when you fix it with mouse clicks but hey depends on how realistic you wanna get.

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan"”