Engine Failure on Take-Off

The world's most popular advanced trainer of WWII
Avio
Staff Sergeant

Re: Engine Failure on Take-Off

Post by Avio »

Ok mystery solved !

Continued to test taking off from high altitude (this time 5,800 ft) OAT 30 degrees C and even with reduced power of 30" and 2100 rpm, the engine still quit after takeoff within not even 30 secs. Maintenance check showed all okay in good condition.

As I loaded A2A "Used" model, the engine time showed near 12,000 hours. So I did a complete overhaul, and voila, now I can takeoff at full power full prop and engine still runs nicely !!

Question is, is a 12,000 hours engine considered unsafe for flying, especially at high altitude airport? Even when maintenance shows everything in good order?What is the TBO of the real T6?

Next question -- How "used" is Used for the A2A modelling of used aircraft state? Say after 100 hours of engine time flying in the sim T6 (from the time of overhaul), what is the equivalent real world engine time? Prior to complete overhaul, I had merely put in only about 50 hours of flight, although I must confess there were like some 5 engine detonations (loud banging sound) during those times, when I handled it rough where trying out difficult landing.

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Re: Engine Failure on Take-Off

Post by AKar »

Avio wrote: 13 Aug 2020, 19:31 What is the TBO of the real T6?
There are probably no time limits for the T6G's engine overhaul, but in order of 1200 h to 1500 h seems to come up a lot as a practical TBO.

-Esa

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan"”